4VEP Sound Profile Availability.

While we are at it, what does a Pendolino sound like? I have travelled on the things out of Liverpool and I cannot remember anything distinctive about them. Same for the Azumas on the WCML. Fast, efficient and dull.

46 minutes ago, Brew Man said:

I regard grumpiness as one of the perks to getting old, and lord knows there are precious few 😠

I always say you should be happy in your work and make your hobby pay. 

So when I retired from my 'proper' job, I got a new one perfectly suited to my advancing years where I am actually paid to upset some 'customers'. 

Mind you, they are the ones who treat our shop like a free all day breakfast buffet.😉

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Adam-1306585 said:

I did try downloading the Class 73 onto 3 different decoders a couple months back and it kept saying there were issues with missing sound files, which is why I’ve settled with Class 43 profiles for now. Might try the ‘73 again and see if it’s been fixed. 

I also had to give the 73 profile a couple of tries, I think it’s the largest file so far as well. But I recently did a reinstall in my Heljan NER Autocar and it went very smooth, and faster than a couple of months ago. 
For those interested, there enough is room for the decoder, but it might come loose with taking of the body again. 

Just to put this in context, the 73 profile is the largest currently provided by Hornby.

From the outset, it has been known and regularly stated, that HM7K downloads require strong and steady WiFi and Bluetooth signals for success, so a large profile will increase the opportunity for the signal to falter and the download to fail.

• 2 weeks later...

As we approach June, there's still no sign of the 4-VEP, Class 800, or Class 91 sound profiles. The latest sound profile list, dated March 19, 2024, is now outdated. This list indicated that these profiles would be available in Q1, yet we are now almost at the end of Q2. Hornby, could you please provide an update on the status of these sound profiles?

4-Vep,  91 and DVT are at point of release, along with an app update on both iOS and Android. These were scheduled for release before the holiday but for whatever reason they didn't make it. No idea on the 800.

• Like 1