What’s happened now!

Ok, something must have changed in the last day or so. 
I can no longer see where the last posts have been, nor can I select the specific forum I want to see without some significant manoeuvring. 
Come on Airfix. Get this sorted for some stability. 

The Mods have (in a couple of Hornby threads) stated that work is being carried out behind the scenes.

Us users are requested to bear with the changes until they are complete - as the alternative would be to take the fora offline for maintenance.

Posted (edited)

Maybe it's time to ditch this forum. They just can't seem to get their act together and keep this forum looking the same!

Chris

Edited by RB51
Emoticon removed
  • Sad 1

Really don't see the need to keep referring back to previous forum formats - any of them. This is a business decision by Hornby - not us - not you. Really do need to move on. R-

• Like 3

1 hour ago, null_null981707818191 said:

Anyone else familiar with the adage "If it ain't broke, it don't need fixing"?

I believe it references a time when craftsmen made items of quality, to last for an extended period of use… obviously has no relevance to the modern world (& especially technology) with planned obsolescence! 😉🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, James -1313861 said:

I would like to know why the have changed the forum because it was perfect as I was on Monday.

It was a long way from perfect but its definitely getting better (slowly)

• Like 3

On 16/05/2024 at 15:46, RB51 said:

This is a business decision by Hornby - not us - not you. Really do need to move on. R-

People are moving on - literally. The drop off in traffic this week is noticeable. If you keep fooling around with a forum format people lose confidence in it and stop visiting. If this is a business decision I'd venture to say it's not a particularly good one.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, peebeep said:

People are moving on - literally.

As they will always do. Nothing necessarily to do with the forum rework but a whole host of reasons. Traffic always drops off as we emerge from Winter and the better weather encourages other pursuits. There are folk joining every day. Do not be despondent. R-

40 minutes ago, RB51 said:

As they will always do. Nothing necessarily to do with the forum rework but a whole host of reasons. Traffic always drops off as we emerge from Winter and the better weather encourages other pursuits. There are folk joining every day. Do not be despondent. R-

I've been doing forums for a long time, I can see the writing on the wall. Mess with forums and you will lose members, no amount of gloss will change that. The real test is not who's joining but who's posting.

• Like 1

It seems to be a bit involved now to navigate to the page with the list of forums. It was always really easy on the original site. Sort that out and everyone might be happy.

Can’t find that. 
Don’t forget that the site needs to work on all types of device. I can’t access the Gallery either. 
I tend to use the iPhone more often than the iPad, and the phone doesn’t have the options that the iPad does. The phone is more convenient and often used to photograph models. 
I don’t see evidence of that problem being solved. 

Ok, didn’t realise you were on a mobile phone. On iOS rotate screen to landscape and then tap the red and yellow Hornby brand logo at the top of the screen [near the x in this shot] and then the Hornby option. In there is Gallery. I’ve just done all this on my iPhone. If you are Android we’ll have to ask for further input from a user of that OS.image.thumb.jpeg.d19f35141ef8942cc656b825edf6d346.jpeg

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I don’t have that screen. I have these :

IMG_5388.thumb.png.3cfc2108d3483a841fcc975a4ef07405.png

IMG_5389.thumb.png.272a5bee8ec8fe933c9cf24e662c8486.png

IMG_5390.thumb.png.1ab0a15c1a085e3d6c7719dfd14bc628.png

The only place I can see any sort of gallery picture is if someone has updated their individual gallery. I cannot flip between galleries as I can on the iPad.