Smaller Power Bank

Rob23

It's the usual circuit of 2 capacitors in series , my educated guess is a total capacity of 0.15F. In combination with the step-up circuit delivering somewhere in the 9--10V range, you can expect 1-2secs at 200mA.
In this forum, I have shown a similar circuit meeting space and time requirements, and fitting into the smallest TT models.

Edited by ateshci
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Too Tall said:

Will this have a new part no. or is it retaining R7377 ?

You know Hornby and their penchant for reusing R numbers. It will be the same SKU just to confuse you and retailers. Thankfully/unfortunately** there are none of the old ones left in the supply system so the new ones when they arrive will be only ones.

** I liked the old ones with their run on for ever characteristics so I will miss them.

That is more like it for us TT:120 modellers. I accept that perfect track-work is the goal but while I get there this will help avoid the dreaded Bluetooth reset.

• Like 4

The long run time was a side effect gimmick on the old PB. The new one performs well in a more realistic user environment, e.g. traversing a rack of several back to back points from a fiddle yard at very slow speed. More details will be posted when additional video from the test team is edited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skelton Junction said:

So I’m ok to preorder the existing in the knowledge I’ll receive the new version?

There are no old ones to be found, unless the scalpers have any. All the regular suppliers are nil-stock.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DuTTchy said:

Interesting little power bank, hope this will fit in the 08 shunters.

I'm a bit curious about the capacitance of the capacitors, does anybody know this yet?

2 x 2.7v in series looks like 1.0F if you blow up one of my images.

I've just placed a pre order for 5 as I also have pre orderes placed for a jinty and a green 08..and as I have decided to make a small OO gauge layout (wash my mouth out with soap and water) using 0 4 0 pocket rockets to recreate something like the Mid Suffolk, I think the extra 3 will come in very handy. 

4 hours ago, 96RAF said:

2 x 2.7v in series looks like 1.0F if you blow up one of my images.

If i'm correct these 2 capacitors 1,0F / 2,7v in series have the same value as a 500μF / 5,2v capacitor?