cannot find correct functions list for Hogwarts Class 4900 Hall R 3803TTS in e link list

Caritas

My previous e link died and I am successfully getting my trains onto the track with a new e link.  I use a Windows  11 laptop. However although I  can get the Hogwarts Castle loco running on the track , having spent hours searching for the correct function list I cannot find a compatible one that gives the correct functions . Any help for a 74 yr old grandma !! Many thanks 

No list because there are no functions connected to anything, not even the front headlamp. It is motor control only I am afraid.

From a 74 year old grandad!

Edited by dBerriff

1 hour ago, dBerriff said:

No list because there are no functions connected to anything, not even the front headlamp. It is motor control only I am afraid.

From a 74 year old grandad!

If it is TTS as indicated then there are indeed a full set of sound functions.

The generic Hall class listing is here - 

An 80 year old with most of my faculties.

https://support.hornby.com/hc/en-gb/article_attachments/360015934719

25 minutes ago, Going Spare said:

Shame Hornby can't get even their loco class designations right - the Halls are 49xx, not 43xx which Bachmann have/had in their range. 

Is not the Hogwarts Castle at NRM a Hall and not a Castle.

@96RAF Yes, I seem to recall the loco used for filming was a Hall in disguise - perhaps something to do with better clearances with a Hall because filming was off the Western Region and the width of Castle cylinders might have caused problems at platforms.  Hornby's original Hogwarts Castle was a Castle as they did not then have a modern-spec Hall available.

Thanks all for the helpful comments . I have the leaflet . I tried all the various locos - Hall , Castle, Hogwarts  plus many others that come up on Hornby locomotives  function list and none had the sounds as listed on the leaflet.  However I opened the functions for the Flying Scotsman https://uk.hornby.com/products/lner-a1-class-4-6-2-4472-flying-scotsman-era-3-r3284tts  

and the sounds for this one mostly are similar to the ones that should be on my loco. So at least I can get some sounds for the grandsons to enjoy

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, Caritas said:

Thanks all for the helpful comments . I have the leaflet . I tried all the various locos - Hall , Castle, Hogwarts  plus many others that come up on Hornby locomotives  function list and none had the sounds as listed on the leaflet.  However I opened the functions for the Flying Scotsman https://uk.hornby.com/products/lner-a1-class-4-6-2-4472-flying-scotsman-era-3-r3284tts  

and the sounds for this one mostly are similar to the ones that should be on my loco. So at least I can get some sounds for the grandsons to enjoy

Thanks again.

That is interesting. Although the sounds will be different for each steam loco, I would have thought they would have stuck to a common format, (F2 whistle and so on), obviously not.

On 24/07/2024 at 21:54, ColinB said:

That is interesting. Although the sounds will be different for each steam loco, I would have thought they would have stuck to a common format, (F2 whistle and so on), obviously not.

Colin, as I recall (I have quite few TTS fitted or installed by me Loco) most of the loco, if not all, have same function with compatible sound according to the specific Loco.

The sound profiles were mostly the same structure with slight nuances between types.

Generally steam was

F0 - lights if fitted

Fi - sound on/off

F2 and F3 various whistles

F4 brake squeal

F5-F17 various applicable to type sounds.

F18 - aux function

Generally deisel was

F0 - lights

F1 - sound on

F2 and F3 various horns

F4 - squeal

F5 - notch up

F6 - notch down

F7 - idle

F8 - thrash

F9 - cold start

F10-F24 - various applicable to type sounds