TT120 voting options Hornby Magazine Industry Awards

Peachy

Great to see TT120 voting options this year in the Hornby Magazine Industry Awards. 
Maybe one of our lot (TT120 Specific YouTubers) might get a nomination next year? 
Although apparently you only need to make vanilla content, buy 10k subs, show a bit of flesh and you’re on the list?  🤔🫣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Peachy said:

Maybe one of our lot (TT120 Specific YouTubers) might get a nomination next year? 

I notice carpet boy got a nomination, so quantity over quality works as well, yet Rob at Little Wicket wasn't listed - one of the most honest and reliable presenters on YT.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 96RAF said:

I notice carpet boy got a nomination, so quantity over quality works as well, yet Rob at Little Wicket wasn't listed - one of the most honest and reliable presenters on YT.

Couldn’t agree more… 

• Like 1

Quality over quantity. 
Last year ‘YouTuber of the year’ was won by someone who absolutely slated TT:120 with genuine hatred. 
Voice of the hobby? Errr no.

Rob (little wicket) definitely should have been in the nominations, although Pam Stains is no stranger to the carpet…. Will it be red? 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Peachy said:

Great to see TT120 voting options this year in the Hornby Magazine Industry Awards. 
Although apparently you only need to make vanilla content, buy 10k subs, show a bit of flesh and you’re on the list?  🤔🫣🤣

Here you go, Peachy:

buycheapestfollowers com

For that money I would rather buy all versions of the Class 66...

For the colours of the poor wagons and locomotives that have to suffer: https://www.cottage-craft.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1637

(I thought you had coaches in blood&custard?)

But the raw flesh you have to do on your own 🙈

Edited by Ilmson
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Skelton Junction said:

I’d guessed it meant at least 10,000 subscribers so that the sponsors of said awards can mine the data for potential customers 

Yes, but a bit pointless when the subscribers are bought…🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Peachy

FYI if someone’s YouTube data shows that almost all their subscribers come in tidy units of 10, then they’re buying. And where you see minus views in red, that’s where YouTube takes down bought/bot views so they don’t have pay ad revenue. 
No prizes for guessing who’s data this is 🤨

IMG_3789.jpeg

Edited by Peachy

Considering the YouTuber being alluded to avoids negativity & actually seeks to promote & encourage new people into the hobby (particularly an under represented demographic) hopefully this thread can itself avoid becoming too negative!

Personally I believe that anyone who seeks to act in a damaging/destructive/negative way towards the hobby is fair game for criticism - however I would question if allegedly gaming YouTube’s algorithms quite fits in that category.

I do agree with one part of the first post however - that hopefully dedicated TT:120 channels will soon be included in the nominations!

• Like 5

Dawn? Yes, I agree she’s very positive about this hobby.

Like she was with her wellness coaching project.

And her Children’s healthy eating scheme 

And her Online financing company 

Traces of which are hard but not impossible to find…..

40 minutes ago, Peachy said:

Dawn? Yes, I agree she’s very positive about this hobby.

Like she was with her wellness coaching project.

And her Children’s healthy eating scheme 

And her Online financing company 

Traces of which are hard but not impossible to find…..

Without being negative to her videos, I just didn't gel with her, a bit too professional for my liking. After seeing that list of previous then that may be the reason. I have seen a couple of TV presenters a bit like that, . . . this is my latest 'hobby' to earn a living. Good luck to them.

• Like 2

have i missed something what's going on   what as healthy eating got to do with TT 120 .

I could do with some financial help when i have got pay for my class 66s  and the rest of my pre orders.

@96 RAF is right rob should get a nomination 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2