Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

It was a great bargain WTD, I'm always looking for these bargains, they pop up now and then.

Bought six unboxed locos from an auction last week, four of them can be made mint with very little tlc. 6 locos for £11 each inc VAT and auctioneer fees,

a snip, I got two Tri-ang princess's one of which is definately restorable, a Lima Deltic in Two Tone Green just needs new traction tyres, A lima 08 in Blue just needs a new capacitor, a good Tri-ang class 31, and a good Tri-ang jinty just needing transfers

to make mint after cleaning and a full service, also got a Tri-ang caboose and diecast signal by Cresc.nt.

The Hornby 08 is going on the stall Sunday for less than £30 so someone will get a really nice mint loco for xmas if they buy it.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this on the "OOOoops" posting.

Well my DoG arrived today (Special Edition), and it looks fine - all the wheels are there (someone only had four on the tender), the handrails are straight - as said before I'm no expert but it looks ok. I

have not put it next to William Shakespeare, but seeing the price difference was about sixty pounds, I would expect WS to look a little sharper maybe. This special edition DoG is really in the same category as the special edition Tornado - they are not Super

Detail models, and the price reflects this.

I do not have a layout so cannot give a comment on performance.

I'll now await the gripes because people cannot get hold of the model because they've sold out.

Postman Prat said:

Believe it or not, with my railway preferences, I hadn't got round to getting a B1. The was one in the clearance sale so I got it. I would have preferred the late crest but as it's only going into a case I can live

with the early one.

I got the last R3000 in the pre-Xmas rush from Hornby, which is a late crest B1. Sorry PP.

Spoiled myself at York Toyfair today.

New

R3088 LNER O1 2-8-0 loco (may renumber and re-brand as BR era, but not imperative.)

R4350, R4351, R4352, Maroon Mark 1 carriages

Second hand

R103 Regional Railways Pacer

All definitely

impulse buys.

Also got a load of second hand Bayko, and a tub of Lone Star OOO track.

The new 'Railroad Mark 1s are rather good. They run extremely smoothly on the plastic wheels, no doubt because the axles are metal, a trick used by the old Airfix carriages with some success. The paint finish is excellent and the moulding is crisp and

clear. The windows are nicely flush, all in all an excellent product, especially if you consider the very reasonable price (I paid £14-96 each).

I now keenly await the Crimson and Cream and Green ones.

After further study I find that the underframes are each different for the different bodies, so that the footboards are correctly positioned under the doors. Nice touch Hornby.

LC&DR said:

The new 'Railroad Mark 1s are rather good.

They run extremely smoothly on the plastic wheels, no doubt because the axles are metal, a trick used by the old Airfix carriages with some success. The paint finish is excellent and the moulding is crisp and clear. The windows are nicely flush, all in all

an excellent product, especially if you consider the very reasonable price (I paid £14-96 each).

I now keenly await the Crimson and Cream and Green ones.