Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Also in the post was a s/h blue box pannier to supply a chassis for a 3D printed body of a condensing pannier. This 3D printing is wonderful stuff, just got to fit hand rails, smokebox door dart paint and numberplate!

Wish someone would do bodies for some of the Hornby Chassis

Hi 81F,

A Google search should come up with some answers. I believe Dean Sidings have some resin bodies that fit the Hornby 060 chassis and am sure there are others out there. Havn't tried 3D printing so far but I understand it's quite an expensive piece of kit. Or are they firms in Britain you can send your requirements to?

a flying scotsman from hornby, i want the second tender the water carrier then its getting a repaint,3x jouef  mk 3 intercity carrages 6x 29.5t tankers, a lima crane ADRC 96708 but its missing a few accessorys from the crane jib runner some new coach wheels track rubber and some light oil all for a bargain sum after popping in to my local railway exhibition  and hhad a chat with the store holders nice bunch of old guys if anyoine can help me find the crance accessorys or second tender id much appreciate it

I have used Shapeways and presume that the print is done in the Netherlands. So far I have made a GWR steel bodied open wagon which fits on the old Hornby Dubleo 10' Chassis (or Dapol version). After a reasonable sucess I am now awaitng another improved steel open, a body based on an LSWR van, a GWR Bullion van and a 009 sentinal body kit.

If these work I might try a loco body for a hornby chassis.

We can't afford to give it up Graskie, we have invested to much in to it. Time and money. Just look at all your trains ;o)

But it is all worth it.

Signals now 

12 Train Tech assorted aspects - installed and working 

(HRMS working on a multi signal bug but other than that all working)

2 CR Signals 3 aspect with feathers - just arrived

2 CR Signals shunt/sidings signals - just arrived

2 - S1 Signalist decoders - just arrived

6 dummy signals 

and I have not finished yet!

I got the track maintainance vehicle r296 which isn't too bad plus an uncoupling thingy not too sure if you can use it with the Hornby foam underlay. Also got some scale lighting the strip thingy and some bulbs.  Plus my e-link came yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice, Tony. I always refer to what I always thought was officially the "Princess Coronation" class, though, as shown in my Ian Allan Combined Volume of Winter 1960/61. Your "City of Manchester" loco is a city, of course, but certainly not a duchess. A lot of them are not Princesses either, eg 46256 "Sir William A Stanier FRS." Sorry to be pedantic but I really can't understand where the classification "Duchess" came from. In the BR Midland Region we spotters all called them "Coros". Please explain if possible, LC. You're the most likely to be able to do so.