Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

I have just ordered direct from Hornby, the camping coach.It seems most are sold out in many places and no furthur stock will be available. Always wanted one and at one time I considered converting a Thomas coach because of it's colours. I know that a retailer has a special set made by B company but these were a lot more expensive than the Hornby one which is very nice for the money. I have also ordered DOG in 60's mode with the different tender. Two Brits and a Crosti are also pending.

The coach arrived this morning and very nice it is too!. I also bought from Liverpool 2 Dapol windmill kits, two cottages kits and an Aifix bus kit (the large one) I am going to try out some new very fine brushes that I hope I can detail cabs in locos from a few years ago and some of the Railroad items. They are very fine indeed and I think just the job for intricate detailing. The windmills and the cottages are for a plan I have to vaguely reproduce something that is on BBC's "Escape to the Country" at the very beginning. There is a cottage that I hope can be made by using two kits together with one only being the top half to make a single storey side extension. The windmills will be near each other, one black and one white as in the short piece of film.

Not sure if its an aquisition or not as I already had it, just recycling.

I pulled apart an old Samsung mobile phone and rescued the speaker (about 10x15x5mm) and the tiny motor that makes it vibrate (about 5mm diam x less than 10mm long including the 'wobbler'. The speaker is going into my Collectors club Pullman diesel cab with room to spare.

Christmas came early today with the arrival of my Class 67 in Royal Claret livery. Past its fitness test and now resides with the wife awaiting official allocation to Duddon Lane on 25/12/14.

However I was also slightly naughty today and ordered a Heljan DPU in Royal Mail livery from those nice people in Liverpool. At £69 plus P&P I just could not resist! Oh well that's at least a new pair of boots the wife as my punishment!!

Hi all

My latest purchase is another Wrenn 4 6 2 Coronation (Duchess/City) Class "City of Birmingham" in BR Green. Was brought as a poor runner but with a change of magnet and a clean and oil now goes a lot better

Just two more to get, City of Glasgow in Blue and City of Liverpool in Maroon. There are 4 more I would like but are so rare I need a lottery win to afford them.

Christmas came early today with the arrival of my Class 67 in Royal Claret livery. Past its fitness test and now resides with the wife awaiting official allocation to Duddon Lane on 25/12/14.

However I was also slightly naughty today and ordered a Heljan DPU in Royal Mail livery from those nice people in Liverpool. At £69 plus P&P I just could not resist! Oh well that's at least a new pair of boots the wife as my punishment!!

Be careful she doesn't then boot you out, alycidon! Welcome to the forum.

Yes, those Wrenn locos were wonderful, weren't they? That lovely weight in your hand, solid, sturdy and reliable. I don't collect model railway items and was very sad to get rid of the few I had, but I run the latest technology locos and the Wrenns just got so that they didn't fit in any more. All metal wheels on them and Wrenn rolling stock made for a really smooth ride.

Latest purchase was a mint factory fresh BR Blue and Grey Mk1 in a box that looks brand new and unused, and a unboxed version of the same Mk1 off ebay. Cost me 99p plus postage. One is perfect the other has black paint spots on it and no box, all easily sorted.

/media/tinymce_upload/4741.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/4761.JPG

Hi WTD and Graskie

Yes wrenn engines are great locos for us on DC, reliable serviceable motors with good pulling power, nice to handle with no fear of breaking anything on them .

I now got 17 locos in my collection with 50+ trucks, all with triang MK3 couplings so can be used with my triang triang - hornby and hornby rolling stock.

A few bags of plaster...!

Dedicated an area of my company warehouse as a railway room and planning a 25ft + layout - something I always wanted was to run full length trains!.

Busy now building the 'railway room' - today's job was plastering walls. Hate plastering, but can't wait to get modelling again!

Schools class St.Pauls R2898xs my first one blew the decoder when the wires between the loco & tender broke & have been looking for a replacement for a while now so when it became available new on eBay I just had to get it.

I hope you managed to get the original one repaired? My latest aquisition - another Merchant Navy Class - I think I now have twenty three - only seven to go!

Schools class St.Pauls R2898xs my first one blew the decoder when the wires between the loco & tender broke & have been looking for a replacement for a while now so when it became available new on eBay I just had to get it.

I hope you managed to get the original one repaired? My latest aquisition - another Merchant Navy Class - I think I now have twenty three - only seven to go!

BB, I thought it was only me that was obsessive about a class of loco (Britannia's) I am getting the 1960 version DOG in the next day or so as it is in the post at present.