Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Who cares?  His money - simple as!!  (No offence guys, and I don't disagree the inference.)

Nice to recreate history and the detailing of the small scale vehicles is quite astounding these days.

Look forward to seeing the loaded wagons.

Al.

Mentioned in an earlier post, but I've a Freightliner liveried Class 66 coming, and now there are 11 Freightliner HH Hopper wagons as well .... ideally, another 9 are required, but that won't be happening for a while!

So much for sticking to my 'period' of '48 - '67 with 'some exceptions' - Mallard, Flying Scotsman, streamlined Coronations ... and a P2 ...

Can't wait, but no photos for another 2 weeks - not in the country for a while!!

Al.

@Bulleidboy

To date Hornby has produced Pull-Push sets 600, 601, 602, 603, 608, 610, 616 & 619 so there are still a few more to go.   😆

Then there are the Kernow Gate-Stock sets 363 & 373 in BR livery so you might have a dilemma...........   😀

I don't see Kernows producing more sets of the Gate Stock - and I have 363 & 373. However, with Hornby you never know when a particular "train pack" may be produced. I'd like a Birdcage set, but I'm also running out of storage space! Then of course the new Bulleid coaches might arrive by the end of the year.

Unfortunately the LSWR 'Gate Stock' P&Ps are  not on my shopping list although if they brought out a P&P version of the LSWR / SEC non-corridors (sets 654 -658) these most definately would be. In my ideal world I would include at least one of the ex SE&CR railmotor push-pull sets (481/482) and a ex LB&SCR P&P set (716 - 731) on my wants list as well;.

just re-read my post on page 301 re number of pages SoT has been instrumental in generating...doh!  meant to write '300', cant blame the iPad, just not proof-reading my own posts, and the other typo was also missed.  So, apologies to all

Rod

My last acquisition turned out to be a flop. A bit disappointing really, as I liked the powered car and dummy. I must say that eBay were most helpful in facilitating a return, encouraged by my photos of the underside which showed repairs not mentioned by the seller. The loco was a very intermittent runner and was driving me nuts !/media/tinymce_upload/c9071de8798ac893c07951c7c080dd25.jpg

My R3512 has arrived this morning. Curiously it is still being described as 'Early BR train pack' when quite clearly the locomotive is carrying the late (1956) crest on the bunker sides. Looked good though, and has already had an 'outing' on the layout.

I think Hornby have 'missed a trick' however. It could have been given the chalked inscriptions and included the Union Flag to be attached to the smokebox door to represent the last trains on the Westerham branch.http://www.semgonline.com/location/westerhambr_01.html  (although the flag is missing in these pictures. )

The chalked inscription remained  on the front of 31518 for a week or two,

Hornby Thomas & Friends R9292 Henry the Green Engine:

Cheltenham Model Centre repaired the tender wheels on my R9292 Henry for £8.00, yesterday (04/06/2018). I went back today to pay the £8.00 and to collect my tender. They did a great job. Now the tender is as it should have been, when I bought it!  😆

GNR-Gordon-4

@Bulleidboy

It only received electrification flashes in 1966 so the model is far too late for me (the Hornby illustration indicates the wrong flashes too).  ☹️

My modelling era is a very flexible "1948 - 1968" - so no concerns. However the loco is unlikely to run on my layout - may be a quick photo opportunity, but that'll be it.