Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

I had an old Princess Elizabeth many moons ago - that's a Triang chassis in the photo - I remember the piston sliders, but ... the body is definitely Hornby Dublo diecast.

Interesting mix there - or that's my take on it anyway.

Al.

I would agree with that diagnosis, a Hornby Dublo 'Athol' body sitting (uncomfortably) on a Triang Princess chassis.

Could be problems with short circuits if the valve gear touches the metal body.

It also shows just how out of scale the old Triang Princess was. The front bogie and cylinders are miles back from the front buffer beam, and the rear pony truck is under the firebox. There may be problems getting a tender to couple to it.

I too have been buying up old Lima Diesels Locos (mostly blue) as I have decided to branch into the 1970s. Very easy to convert to DCC. I have also bought several Hornby Triang MK1s in Blue/grey.

The latter must have been in production for a considerable time and they do not look too bad against more modern stock (though I'm not sure about putting them against any of the new Railroad Mk1s - any thoughts?

Only thing is I am having to re-wheel them to stop derailments over my PECO points. However, they run so much smoother I can add an extra coach to a 5 coach converted train without any wheel-slip.

Well pleased with the Triang R155 Switcher that I just bought. It climbs the gradient of my elevated track quite effortlessly as well as looking splendid. /media/tinymce_upload/2a2fd070cb20d01867754a9b0429bd18.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/92b7d2da1979778dbcb4a57dada3ebaa.jpg Front and rear lights working.  The box was very battered but I am not too bothered about that.

This just 'appeared on my desk' this morning ....

Really nice condition - yet another actually preserved locomotive ... even if she's not in steam at the moment.

/media/tinymce_upload/46c26eb55fa5f6db7906ca7f95dba913.jpg

The all-important accessory / detail pack is opened yet appears complete - the parts I need are there anyway - brake rods loco & tender, front steps and vacuum pipes.

Al.

2 more Peco electro frog double slip points Wife says these are to be my Christmas present from her. Probably the one I know about LOL

Another TP- wi-fi extender AC1740 RE450, they are brilliant. This one takes the wi-fi signal to the area just before my proposed layout room, an ethernet cable then links the extender to the PC in the layout room that way the signal strength remains excellent.

Can't wait to start building my next new layout in the new year. ;o)

R6888TTS

Just getting them ready for the Great Eastern Models (Norwich) DCC day on 7th December - I will be demonstrating the use of Railmaster programs to control a multi vehicle sound sequence. 

If you are going to the DCC day please come and say Hello - look for my RAF96 badge.

Rob

/media/tinymce_upload/03fc446695041a9d697893e91c8fc56b.jpg

Neat installation...

/media/tinymce_upload/bfaf5c73e84521082da52469e92d9dab.JPG

Not a train, wagon or carriage this time but at the Gateshead Toy Fair I bought a book.  It was a book I used to get out of the local library in my childhood. "2750, Legend of a Locomotive" by H. C Webster. It tells the story  of "Papyrus" an LNER A3 Pacific. and descrbes in easy to read narrative of how engine drivers and firemen worked day to day. It is a 'novel' rather than a history but it is as they say " a canny tale". Great Nostalgia.