Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

@Margate-Richmond

Nice t-shirt. Not sure why I don't have one of these. I should do really. I suspect it it will come in handy, for when you build your next layout. Saying that, it might not be, as the track diagram is on the rear of the t-shirt and I know nobody who can turn their head in all directions, without moving their body!  😆 😉 😀

Perhaps you could wear the t-shirt back-to-front. This would be more helpful! You could even wear the t-shirt upside down, if you wanted to!  😆 😉 😀

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Set of clack valves from Markits and Smoke deflectors , loco steps and tender steps from RT models to improve my very cheap Merchant Navy Clan Line.

Had notification from Hattons that Dave aka Lord Rodney is on its way. Just need to star building the layout after the house move, think aim now released from DiY duties for now.

Derek 19b

next decision is which Terrier . First, can see more than one being required.

I dont normally post what I’ve purchased but felt the need to share this. Today I purchased a Hornby class 87 and Bachman’s Class 47 running in the 87 I felt that something wasn’t right. Upon inspection power was only being picked up on two of the four axles and only three out of the four axles were being driven. The wipers on the offending axles were not in contact with the wheels and amazingly the driven axle had been fitted the wrong way round. The panto does not extend high enough to contact my OHLE and a set of steps fell off. Yes easily repairable but at £170.00 I shouldn’t have to start dismantling a new loco, and before somebody says I should have sent it back it was the last one my local shop had. Let’s hope SK vastly improves quality control. Oh I forgot to to say the Bachman’s 47 is beautifully faultless. Lesson learnt!

as per my post in dcc section I bought a Heljan dcc turntable. installed , programmed, quite easy. That surprised me, after reading posts from op's on different forums . It is quite a nice thing to watch, smooth, and very accurate. but it is very suspectible to ballast , however  small, so I am going to have to be super extra careful with my scenic work and housework.  

Latest to the collection was the blue streamlined Coronation Queen Elizabeth and the B team's H1 La France. My Queen Liz was suffering the missing handrails saga, but easily got replacements from the store, other than that very happy with it. La France is a beauty, I'm very much enjoying the offerings that are coming out these days from pre-grouping. I'd be looking at Hornby's Stepney but the Dapol/RoS/NRM Terrier is looking mighty nice. 

I appear to have just 'won' a Unicorn!!!

Hopefully it will arrive this week - I will post photos, then ride off .... 

Having nearly given up, I finally found a Peglar 4472. Knowing how rare and quickly these disappear when 'reasonably priced', I have jumped at it.

I questioned a couple of other locomotives over the weekend and was gazumped waiting for the reply, so I've jumped on this one - hopefully not too prematurely!!

Al.

I sold my 'semi-Railroad' single chimney LNER Flying Scotsman - curiously with glazing - a few weeks ago, and am parting with my LNER double chimney / blinkered one, to replace with the 'correct current' FS - R3443 - never has there been a more debatable locomotive, I know ....

Here she is. NOT perfect.

Front side lamp brackets are bent - but I'll probably remove to place lamps anyway.

One thing only!!  Glazing is missing on the driver's (LHS) side. I'll try and knock something up, but literally that appears to be the only real negative - even the little side glazing strips are fine!!

Of course, true to Al's NEW protocol, before 'fiddling', I'll test her out to see if she works OK .... reckon I'm keeping this one anyway.

/media/tinymce_upload/738d8d968097b35016663869a84d7fd0.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/7d1a9b8d82d7db0f0b8aa3f39c7a42ad.jpg

Seller had had 3 for sale, all with 'some transit damage' by the looks of it, for a considerably less than perfect price, so I reckon I've done pretty well here!!

Still need to test her first, but never had a problem with this chassis in the past. .... !!

Al.

R2687 has arrived!!

WOW - I knew this was the one - looks just as I remember when I was growing up - fantastic!!

Photos are weird - those front steps are actually straight - not skew as it appears for some reason!

/media/tinymce_upload/37d878986a5810e7bf45f24bfee72e43.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/719604cee223840ed0b678c656947e63.jpg

Al.

Very curious to find out what happened to my 6229 DoH - everybody else's has been perfect!!

Mine was shorting out.

Hornby have it now and will advise.

Just had a very pleasant surprise, and have received a courtesy call from Hornby themselves confirming receipt of the DoH, and review / repairs are in progress - THANK YOU HORNBY.

Estimate of one week before its return.

Al.