Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Good going there.

I've the TPEa set as well - received 2 days ago.

Run faultlessly.

I've yet to add their 'destination code' detailing - may wait for warmer weather as I can see that taking a little while - not the easiest in a pretty cool garage!

Nice layout there.

Al.

Postie brought this little beauty today - looks absolutely superb.

Tests have so far shone.

It has a firebox glow as well - obvious with the 9V battery test.

It's relatively tiny, yet seems to weigh quite a lot.

The centre axle is sprung and has very slight movement.

It's actually a split chassis arrangement, with no separate pickups or wires visible - seems to work very, very well.

Once home it'll definitely be put through it's paces!!

(Tempted to get another!!)

Al.forum_image_63d7b0a606c53.thumb.png.7d80e501e07e63c045a6736d990c8df8.png

To complement the fantastic little locomotive from Rapido - anyone after an industrial loco this is one to consider (mine with crew now) - I've just 'won' The Earl R3870.

FINALLY purchased a Peckett - I've been after one for ages - needed to be acceptable to me ... and now needed to be NCB to go with Holly Bank #3.

Will be interesting to compare them.

The Rapido has a fantastic finish, but is plastic. The Hornby has the metal body, so haulage comparisons could be interesting.

Al.

Well I wasn’t going to get these when they where original announced has I was modelling LMR 1960s but has I’ve switched to the LMS 1930’s I thought why not, the rest of the set is on it’s way and Queen Mary is on pre Order.

Mind the Coronation Set looks good two! Could I live with myself buying a A4! Always liked the Silver Fox. forum_image_63d97327555e7.thumb.png.77b360875e4cd79d6f841f9dff9bbabf.png

Well, my B2 Peckett 'The Earl' has arrived!

Beautiful little locomotive, but typical of Hornby, just don't like the paint finish - might grow on me, but can't touch that of the Rapido Hunslet.

Loco itself is a little gem, runs perfectly as it should, and should have fun on the rails together with the Hunslet hauling coal wagons!

Al.forum_image_63dbacb9593d1.png.eea7c159df3b683b7e450f8879720904.pngforum_image_63dbacbbc62b4.png.fff910a6550cd6e92b07e6ac8af45ebf.png

Just taken delivery of the Hornby Warship "Benbow" a really smooth runner compared with the old LIMA one. However, the green body looks a little light when compare to my LIMA "Sharp Shooter".

Sadly I lost one of the body fixing screws when fitting the Chip so on the lookout for a replacement :(

Not much for me lately, mostly some loco detailing packs.

I did however buy a complete DCC fitted Duchess loco chassis. The plan is to fit it to my tender drive Duchess City of St Albans for which I have found a later tender chassis.

I also found an A1 loco body, 4476 Royal Lancer, which I will swap for my Flying Scotsman body as I have the new steam one on order.

That should give me a bit to do.