Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

I think I will resist the temptation. I did give some thought the other day to downsizing the collection - I have one hundred and twenty nine loco's with four more on pre-order. I think I can honestly say that of that number, one hundred have never been out of their boxes - may be for a picture to be taken, but never ever run. I am actually running out of space to store them. Some big decisions to be made soon - possiblysleepy

@ DRC

My layout is a southern region end-to-end - total run of about twenty seven feet. I started collecting long (about thirteen years) before I was able to build a layout. In the early 2000's Hornby started their NRM Collection - one loco a year - of all regions - so over a few years that grew, and as most of those on the forum will know I like Merchant Navy Class loco's and with other additions the collection just grew.

If I were to run, say, Flying Scotsman or Mallard on the layout they would need the correct coaching stock - likewise with any of the other unused loco's. As Al says, we are all enthusiasts, but have different ways of purchase and application. If I had a larger room, and had been able to build a roundy layout, I would probably run a greater variety of loco's.

I know your predicament. I run GWR and SR on a 10 foot roundy. So far I've (almost) stuck to in-region locos and stock but recently purchased an old Lima Class 08 and before that a Class 33 for hauling my Sharge track cleaner. I also have a late BR Jinty and an early BR Class H, but I bought those early on, before I'd properly settled on regions and eras. I am now having a struggle trying to resist a Class 20, a Stanier or Fairburn 4MT and an 8F. Somebody help me please. flushed

Hi Al, I’m still not sure! My current basic setup is DC but think I’ll go DCC once this Bluetooth system arrives. To be honest I enjoy collecting them. I mainly have LMS and LNER but also have some southern/GWR locos aswell. Plus lots of diesels from the 90’s onwards. No specific theme at the moment until I can get a new house with a dedicated room!

• 2 weeks later...