Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Just received a set I won at auction on ebay: it was listed as a Graham Farish Formo OO train set, but in looking at the photos I realized the loco was a 3-rail Trix Twin!

Got the set, last night cleaned the loco and got the reversing unit working, and she runs beautifully!

Going to work out a way to have one coupler work with the horn hook couplers on the Formo cars (which all look close to unused!) and get some Trix Twin passenger coaches!

Also, I did notice that the Formo track is virtually identical to 3-rail Hornby Dublo!

Which Trix Twin loco did you get?

It was a common one from the 1950's, as near as I can make it.  BR 0-4-0T, number 84 behind the cab doors.

Actually, after I serviced the motor and reversing unit, it runs great!

These were beautifully engineered, not particularly to scale but a magnificently reliable.

HI, which Hornby version of the Clan Line did you manage to get, the First Smoke Box Door, Seond Door or the later ones in the Train Sets.

Hi ,,,It is the dcc fitted version from the R1073 digital premier red box set ,35028 on the cab side and smoke box ,I don't know anything about first or second smoke box door ,this is exactly what I've been after for a while to replace the one I had in the same set ,,,,hope this helps ,,,,mjb

Which Trix Twin loco did you get?

It was a common one from the 1950's, as near as I can make it.  BR 0-4-0T, number 84 behind the cab doors.

Actually, after I serviced the motor and reversing unit, it runs great!

These were beautifully engineered, not particularly to scale but a magnificently reliable.

I agree!  The whole design, including how to get the shell separated from the chassis (the buffers are hand-tightened screws!) is fantastic!

Inside, the motor and reversing unit are so magnificently compact, yet so easy to service!  I was first a little cautious of working on it, but when I saw how accessible it all was, it was one of the best locos I've serviced!

And running performance is fantastic as well!  I love it!

My last Hornby bought item is one of four held over A4 Silver Jubilee Loco's R3306 "Silver Link". I just hope that Hornby will be releasing a re-tooled batch of at least five coachs in the pipe line to run with them soon.

Admin: If your reading this, will there be new Silver Jubilee coach sets released for us?

On another note or should I say manufacturers latest item. I received my SLW (Sutton Locomotive Works) Class 24 Limited Edition in Tin Box from Rail Exclusives. By jove what a beautifully crafted, wonderfully precented item, down to the SLW BR Standard Ticket Business Card. This boxed set is the best packaged item I have ever seen, even with its own display case included. A true heavy weight classic BR Green beast it is, and to beat in marketing terms with its value for money price tag in todays modellers market.

Just received a Hattons 14XX, 1420 with GWR on the tank.and in GWR condition (ie no top feedbetween the dome and Chimney)

Also some more 3D prints for my signal box kit but may need to redo the roof as it is a tight fit

Two Bachmann Pullmans, with lights, lovely looking models, great close-coupling option.  The livery is generally very good, but the 'Pullman' logo over the windows is quite indistinct.  Also, the lights are seemingly low-level power.  However the price was such that I am not going to return to the supplier.

Rod

Purchases from eBay over the last couple of days ,,,,HORNBY r2339 mallard in garter blue ,super detail £99 ,,I actually think this is the nicest of all the mallards ,the detail is great ,,cab detailing ,cab doors ,and wind / smoke deflecters on the side of the cab,and they aren't missing or glued back on ,,also today won at auction a HORNBY r4172 Lner teak ,,,been after this one for a while to make up the full set of five and been out bid by the last two that fetched @ £67 each ,,today I submitted my maximum bid of £76.01 at 10 seconds left and won it for £57 plus post ,,,

Just made an accepted offer on ebay for a Tri-Ang R1 set, complete with the grey ballast base track and R1 battery box.  Loco will need cleaning and servicing, but told it does run.  Coaches will need some cleaning and care, but for $40.00 USD, I'm not going to complain!  Definitely the earliest Tri-Ang set I have now!

The earliest I had before that was the R3 set (Jinty and freight wagons).  Looking forward to getting this one and getting her in shape for running!

That was my first train set. The coaches may have taken on the shape of a banana.  😮

From the photos of this set, they're slightly warped, but nothing that is gone full banana.  It's something I'll be able to run, and I have some dead straight coaches I can use in case from the same era.