Let's see your layouts

Dave_wright_1986

@HFM

Ha ha!  I have two youtube channels - one for trains and the other for chemistry (the day job).  My Chemistry students think the trains videos are weird and train fans probably think the same about the chemistry vids.  Youtube must have defaulted to the chemistry channel when I subscribed.  My own layout can be found:

I don't have a layout as such at the moment, but I do have tracks that get assembled on the dining room table from time to time.  Here's how it looked a few weeks ago (everything is packed away right now)

/media/tinymce_upload/be0eca1e703873037046cac6d023d9cb.jpg

Loads of great models on here, well done all.

I think it's about time I shared some pictures of our railway. I've recently put up the backscenes in part of the railway behind the town so I tried a bit of photography with it. As ever, of course, it's a work in progress so any suggestions welcome. I'm particularly looking for something to do beside the line - that is between the track and the gardens/forest etc.

To put our railway in context, it's based around a town square and two other villages. The trains are from all over history and all over Great Britain. The pictures you'll see are from the town area only as that's the most picturesque part, but there are two single line branches and a goods/engine yard as well.

4073 Caerphilly Castle overtakes the branchline goods hauled by 9400 whilst 35028 Clan Line passes in the other direction. As you can see, the branchline track is not properly nailed down yet as it needs re-aligning.

/media/tinymce_upload/87293396daf3ccfc65a0b17089e8db64.JPG

Speeding through the countryside, 60163 Tornado passes 4468 Mallard. Unfortunately, Tornado is missing a buffer and it is still a mystery as to when or how it broke off.

/media/tinymce_upload/b35f69730a4eb1f05924eb7171f25982.JPG

@HFM

Ha ha!  I have two youtube channels - one for trains and the other for chemistry (the day job).  My Chemistry students think the trains videos are weird and train fans probably think the same about the chemistry vids.  Youtube must have defaulted to the chemistry channel when I subscribed.  My own layout can be found:

Good video that was, The Doc. I enjoyed watching that. It was very informative. Wish I could have raised town section on my layout in the middle, like you have, but mine being a non-permanet layout means I cannot add anything like that to it and my buildings and and other scenery items cannot be glued down.

GNR-Gordon-4

WTD, yes do post more pics please. I prefer industrial settings to country ones so yours fits the bill, You may recall seeing photos of my layout a few pages back? Well, since then I have replaced all the track and added more play opportunities ie goods shed, double engine shed and a couple more sidings. I will upload more pics for perusal.

If you want to see my layout in action - then go to my YouTube Channel - Jimyjames73 then click on Playlist, then Click on Model Trains + Simulator - Then you can see my Layouts as they have changed over the years!!!

Try this link. MIGHT work  😆

https://www.flickr.com/gp/156695429@N03/ixC513

It works and thanks for sharing!

Interestingly you have an Oxford mechanical horse and trailer in one photograph. I seem to recall the trailers with black /white checked strip around the sides were designated to operated between London terminii (etc). Perhaps somebody can confirm?

Great photos WTD.

I'm really jealous you own the City of Truro. I have always wanted one of those super-rare Bachmann loco's, to recteate the scene when visted the Island of Sodor, in an early Thomas episode. I didn't know you had one.

pGNR-Gordon-4

WTD, (Brian), nice to see your layout. I took the liberty of saving your pics to my pc as there is a plethora of useful detail I can refer to in the future. I was feeling a little flaccid about adding detail to my own layout and was bereft of any workable ideas but I can't wait to get going now!  I noticed the little detail you added to the chimneys on the Metcalf loco shed and I like the sensible way you added ballast without overwhelming the track! Many thanks.