Locomotive screen

Hi. Having tried to use railmaster for controlling my N gauge layout I found it great for point controlling etc but I struggled with loco control as I was watching the screen mor ethan the layout. I have decided to have RM for points signals etc control but run locos via N*E controller as previously. Have deleted all the loocs from RM but on my layout schematic there is a small amount of a grey box saying NO LOC DEF. How do I remove this from the schematic please? Thanks.

So why do we need a forum then?

If all the answers were readily available or obvious then there would be no need for a Forum and then no one would have to keep complaining about it.

Think will add this tag to mine

"sorry for asking a stupid question"

It does not work on my Railmaster v1:55. I am showing a small section of grey screen which if I select 1 loco from settings panel says no lococs etc when changed to 0 it shows a smaller grey panel with visibily" no loc de" any suggestions to remove this grey panel gratefully accepted, thanks.

It does not work on my Railmaster v1:55. I am showing a small section of grey screen which if I select 1 loco from settings panel says no lococs etc when changed to 0 it shows a smaller grey panel with visibily" no loc de" any suggestions to remove this grey panel gratefully accepted, thanks.

There is no such thing as a stupid question.  If you don't know the answer, it is a valid question.

My comment was based upon the fact that as an engineer, I hated having to read instructions, much preferring to be able to work it out.

@RDS

Ditto - engineer/instructions/etc.

@Geo

Although there is a comprehensive manual for most H products, not everything in there is obvious, especially to newcomers to a product, hence the forums where you can ask any question and be steered in the right direction by helpful people, either by way of direct advice such as simply do this or do that, or by indirect advice like read the famous manual (RTFM).

The forums are a mine of information and I find them invaluable as well as very entertaining at times.

done all that and makes no difference.

also sent via Help section a request to Hornby to assist, no response 4 days later, are they on holiday?

oh and is the new RM any nearer? guess it must be as the days are ticking by to a deadline somewhere in the distance.

As I have posted elsewhere I called Hornby after 7 days to see what progress was being made on my issue (CV reading 255) and was told there was a backlog in handling responses due to staff sickness. R-

Just tried hiding my loco screen and setting columns across to 0 hides the locos and moves my route list across into its place, but leaves the expand/contract orange arrows where they were. Also the big Stop All - Start All button disappears, but the small red square for resetting the controller(s) is still there.

Maybe the answer is, there should be at least the default loco in the list in order to have something to hide.

• 3 weeks later...

The problem with instructions is that they are written by experts who assume that their terminology is understood by everybody!

Forums like this tend to have instructions that are usable because the question that you have, although answered in the instructions, is not necessarily understood by the instruction book Whereas some other guy will have had the exact same question!

Hi tony_forward, you know, you make a flipping good point. It's took me ages to come to terms with the "read the manual" culture on this forum. Your right, this forum should perhaps make reference to the manual by all means but then go on to explain / translate for those who dont understand what is written. To be fair though, quite a number of posters will do this.

A few months ago a version of the RailMaster manual was public released in error for the forthcoming update. It said "READ THIS GUIDE FIRST - Please read this guide fully. It will only take 60 minutes". Can you imagine kids/"young" adults doing that on Christmas morning - I dont think so ;-)

Then maybe they should learn to read the instructions, that's what they're for. I'm not a great one for reading instructions, like some others I like to work things out for myself, it's a good way of learning. 

Like they say: If all else fails, read the instructions. 

No point in coming on here complaining if they haven't at least had a look surely. 

I'm not getting at anyone in particular. 

I think the forum is often misused. It's supposed to be there to get help if you've tried and tried something but it still doesn't work, to get advice about the best way to do something e.g. cleaning wheels, has anybody had this type of problem etc.

Many use it because they can't be bothered to read the instructions or to ask about something because they can't be bothered to google it themselves. 

One of our members recently replied to a question with have you tried googling for the information and if not maybe you should. 

Archived