Loco Detection availability - Let's start a sweep

RDS

Seeing as we have had a few more guesses since the last time the table was published and one of them is only a week away, I thought I had better re-post the table.

/media/tinymce_upload/7c079f7a11c60d7c78ab88c8c889a109.jpg

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

As there are a few guesses coming up in the next few months, I thought it was worth reminding ourselves of the long awaited LD enhancement to RailMaster.

/media/tinymce_upload/99203476bdf053bba573bdeee635debd.jpg

• 6 months later...

@RDS...........it's 6 months since your last update to the sweep..........there's only 6 of us left with any chance of a close prediction..........or should this be confined to the pterodactyl museum........ 😆............HB

@HB

Wow, how time flies.  I will provide an update within the next day or so,

@Fishy

Well you should being one of the last 6 still going.

All those with expired guesses are invited to have another go!

The Bachmann programming system is also much more flexible in that each command in a program isn't tied to a time offset from the start of the program. This allows it to perform conditional branches to other sections of the program. How nice it would be to be able to include a line such as this in a program:-

If Signal 123 = "Stop" then goto BringTrainToHalt

Ray

The Bachmann programming system is also much more flexible in that each command in a program isn't tied to a time offset from the start of the program. This allows it to perform conditional branches to other sections of the program. How nice it would be to be able to include a line such as this in a program:-

If Signal 123 = "Stop" then goto BringTrainToHalt

Ray

Not to mention being able to change the length of time of a step without having to change every following step.

Unfortunatly I think LD is way down Hornby's priority list. If it does ever happen, I don't think it's going to be until well after they are back in profit. I wouldn't be suprised if Bachmann beat them to it with something similar to go with their new Railcontroller system and thus I won't be suprised if LD gets binned entirely.

... difficult to believe you started this sweep 4 years 11 months ago..

Hmm, yes it is difficult to believe, especially seeing as it was just under 3 years ago - but at least you are still in the running!

Yes it is difficult to believe, especially seeing as it was just under 3 years ago - but at least you are still in the running!

Aaaahhh, yes, getting ahead of myself there.........I'm ok now, though, just had medication......... 😮.........HB

Looking at that list, it seems to me AC is an old artilleryman using bracketing theory to try to hit the target.  It’s not working though. 

Not quite an old artilleryman Fishy... not quite old yet and not the other either 😆

However, with as many shots at this as is seen on the list it does look like rapid fire of sorts.

Yet I have no more dates to look forward to where LD may one day surface.

Should I have another round of artillery fire then? I'll do a max of three if allowed by my 'competitors' 😉

Here's one to get started... 12 September 2018.

Fishy - we are not allowed to fire at Will anymore. He was obviously getting miffed about it. Nowadays it is 'At the target in front of you, in your own time - Fire'. I presume the directional qualification was inserted for guidance of those who may think Will was lurking behind them.

RPJ - If you win you get the opportunity to spend an absolute fortune of your own money on the LD system, and that is going on the prices we saw donkey's years ago..

Rob