ver 1.57

Hi Tried your suggesting today but two problems. 1. In RM the Ini file has no entry for elink? 2. Thought I would simply add the line, but I am not allowed to save the file? Any ideas? Ron.

Take a look at the bottom of the first page of the thread below as there is a comprehensive explanation on how to overcome this; https://www.hornby.com/forum/railmasterini-file/?p=1 Let us know ow you get on.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tried your suggesting today but two problems. 1. In RM the Ini file has no entry for elink? 2. Thought I would simply add the line, but I am not allowed to save the file? Any ideas? Ron.
Take a look at the bottom of the first page of the thread below as there is a comprehensive explanation on how to overcome this; https://www.hornby.com/forum/railmasterini-file/?p=1 Let us know ow you get on.

U R a goodun, job done now just have to see if the problem has gone for good. Thanks for your time and enjoy your train driving. Ron.

Just auto-updated via RM - no problems at all.

I notice all the locos still start up showing Reverse. Whilst ticking the box in setup to alter this it also swaps UK railway convention on the arrows so I leave it as is.

John if you look in the Railmaster folder there is a text file called release notes listing what is included this time around..

Rob

@Roger

@WTD

"There will be an update 1.57 released in the next few days to hopefully deal the the signalling issued you had."

This appeared in a reply on 5/11 from HRMS to an email I had sent to them. This is why I expressed my disappointment in this thread earlier.

Ray

@Roger

@WTD

"There will be an update 1.57 released in the next few days to hopefully deal the the signalling issued you had."

This appeared in a reply on 5/11 from HRMS to an email I had sent to them. This is why I expressed my disappointment in this thread earlier.

Ray

Good morning Ray

I understand your frustration. It does seem to make things worse having been told your situation would 'hopefully' be fixed. Hopefully!

I am aware they are working to sort the signal sequence too, this is not fixed, but they didn't say it would be, they are still working on it.

I think in fairness, they said RM 1.57 would be available hoping to have fixed the issues then found they are not as simple to sort as they had hoped. In the end they had to release it as they said they were going to.

I have only just downloaded the update, all my trains remain in the Forward position.

I have checked the signal and point set up boxes as these were to small to add items and see what you were adding. This is much better as you can see from the image here.

/media/tinymce_upload/Signal_set_up_box.jpg

PJ

My signals were coded 100, 102, 104 & 106, train going forward, signals backwards down the line.

But I had an conflict in programming yesterday between 100 changing when I set 102 so reset 100 to 2238

The above therefore is based on 238, 102, 104 & 106

238 is the signal being programmed here.

The above shows, when the first signal, 238, is Red (train just passed lets say small train no carriages for easiness)

Therefore the previous signal 102 is Y, the one before that 104 is YY and the one before that is G

Then we say if the first signal 238 is Y then 102 is YY, 104 is G, 106 is G

Then we program if first signal 238 is YY

Then we program if first signal 238 is G

As detailed above and is now very clear to see.

We would then follow this pattern for each other signal down the line.

This is how HRMS recommend setting up 4x 4 aspect signals, each in turn.

The sequence problem I am expereincing is that all Green signals down the line in sequence are all showing Red but, the Yellow and double Yellow are all correct. The sequence is RIGHT from RM to screen, it is only WRONG from RM to signal although each signal works perfectly on their own. R,Y,YY,G

Hornby are still working on this issue.

This message here is to show the new boxes (also same for points) and to show the set up as recommended by Hornby which hopefully will help others starting out with signals.

These are set for Train-Tech signals.

We just have to be patient, a little longer, for the fix. Meanwhile to get round the problem I have to make all G signals in the sequence YY

PJ

If you have it 90% sussed already Roger you will be teaching us soon. ;o)

Ha - ha - ha, thats a good one! All I meant was I (think I) understood about 90% of what you said - you've done all the hard work figuring it out. R-

If you have it 90% sussed already Roger you will be teaching us soon. ;o)

Ha - ha - ha, thats a good one! All I meant was I (think I) understood about 90% of what you said - you've done all the hard work figuring it out. R-

Ha Ha Ha RogerB

My hair has dropped 50 shades of grey!

I knew what you meant, I always try see the funny side of any situation, it always helps me get through lifes problems. My philosophy is, life isn't easy so why make it harder. Everyone will not see the funny side but I try.

But, it doesn't fix the signal sequence problem. My green lights are Red down the line so my layout instead of showing green looks like a red light district. Thank goodness none are flashing!

These signal discussions are now continued in Train Tech signals thread.

Back to my trains ;o)

PJ

HERE ARE THE V1.57 UPDATE NOTES

Hornby RailMaster 1.57 Release Notes - November 2014

=============================================

The latest release of RailMaster is a minor release.

● +Bug fixes for previous major 1.56 release

● +Minor enhancements based on customer feedback

● +Long press on multi aspect signals to turn to red (danger) (Pro-Pack)

● +New RailMaster.ini entry "Spoken confirmatiion" to have voice feedback rather than ding and buzzer (Pro-PAck)

● +New Exclude.dat file to exclude spoken commands from Voice Control (Pro-Pack)

● +Mouse loco control icon not visible when "Mouse Control" set to zero in RailMaster.ini file

● +Size of points/signals parameters boxes increased in design mode for clarity

● +New facility to request the reset of a RailMaster/app/Pro-Pack key without having to email or send Help Request

● +Updated all language guides for the above

PJ

>>>>> HRMS can you explain the following please?
● +Long press on multi aspect signals to turn to red (danger) (Pro-Pack)
I notice when we change a signal it makes a clicking sound twice? Is this the long press referred to above? Is does it on all clicks to all aspect colours.
I also ask, as the sequence problem you are working on, is all aspect lights that should be Green are Red?
We look forward to your comments
PJ

Archived