Jimyjames Model Rail/Working Roundhouse/other Railway Videos :)

JJ73

My layout bigest loop isnt long enough to hang very many coaches on, nor have I that much stock in the first place.

Sorry - non combatant for this event, but if you are serious at this hauling game then go look at some of the long trains regularly seen on NMRA facebook page where the Yanks consist H0 trains that must be scale close to prototype miles of length/rolling stock numbers and also run them up severe grades and around mega-spiral helixes.

Rob

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago on my old layout in the attic which had a circuit about 10X10 ft which gave a track length of about 40 ft, I attached all the rolling stock I could to a Wrenn Castle class loco. The coupling of the last wagon was about 1 inch away from the front of the loco, so I reckon about 39ft of coaches and wagons. No gradients. 

• 4 months later...

Hiya  😆

"If you go down to the woods today..." well Millers Dale Station actually then you will see a wood carving of a Steam Engine - & I've made 2 vids of it - a day version & a night version,

goto my Channel (Jimyjamrs73) & goto Playlist called Monsal Trail look for 2 vids called "Wooden Carving Of A Steam Train @ Millers Dale (Day Version)" or "Wooden Carving Of A Steam Train @ Millers Dale (Night Version)"

Thank you & enjoy

• 6 months later...

Great video.  😀

What was with that intro of Smokey Joe and an open wagon running to an end of piece of track and then falling off? Was this done on purpose? I hope those models didn't get damaged. 

GNR-Gordon-4

Thank you - It's my new intro that I add to every vid that I now make - it is suppose to repersent all my different types of vids that I do - i.e. Smokey Joe repersent any train vids (either model or real life) the 3D printer repersents itself - the GoPro - the filming I do - The Drinks bottle - bike rides - the idea was suppose to be more spectactular in my head that was was suppose to happen - b/c I wanted it to look like if every thing I done on my channel exploded out of my 3D Printer as it 3D Prints!!! but i didn't work as well as I thout iot out in my Head :(    & yes it was done on purpose & don't worry Smokey Joe landed on a very big soft cussion :) so that nothing would get damage!!!

Why isn't this in the Hornby Collector Club section?..........Fortunately I have the Collector magazine so I have no need to watch this poor quality video..........HB

Oh yes I didn't think of that - well obvererly you did watch it or other wise you wouldn't know that it was a " poor quality video" - I don't apprecaite being put down thank you very much

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya :)

I wanted to say when I was in Norway "hello & say I am here & your not!!!" but I couldn't b/c I couldn't remember my pass word!!! arrrrrrrrrrrrr

Any whooo I not normally interested in Diesels or Electric Trains - more of a Steam Engine fan but saying that - I was really impressed with the Norwegian Electric Trains - cos on the side they have large Full Colour Photos of beautiful Landscapes on the sdides of their Loco's - Check out my YouTube Channel to see what I mean, also I'll post a few photos with this topic so you can see what I mean :)

More Vids & photos to come on my Channel over the next few days...

Look for Jimyjames73/media/tinymce_upload/fdb6225c1e1a54c75b2ef3451047fa24.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/c0b3a1ddd7d7e13c5c7cb51b3449b82b.JPG

This is what they used back in the day when they were 1st building the line to get from A to B

Hiya :)

I wanted to say when I was in Norway "hello & say I am here & your not!!!" but I couldn't b/c I couldn't remember my pass word!!! arrrrrrrrrrrrr

Any whooo I not normally interested in Diesels or Electric Trains - more of a Steam Engine fan but saying that - I was really impressed with the Norwegian Electric Trains - cos on the side they have large Full Colour Photos of beautiful Landscapes on the sdides of their Loco's - Check out my YouTube Channel to see what I mean, also this is the 2nd post about Norway - the 1st contain Photos - so have to wait for them to be processed

More Vids & photos to come on my Channel over the next few days though...

Look for Jimyjames73

• 4 months later...

C'mon lads & lasses,

Let's all get behind Jimyjames and support him and his channel.

The guy really puts in the effort & he is a valued member of our community here at the Hornby forum.

In no way does he deserve the shellacking he has copped or the lack of support.

Maybe some others here with all their experience and knowledge could contribute to his videos in some way too ?

Something fantastic could grow from his channel and it supports Hornby too.

We should support our own. What do you say ?

Kev.