What new models would you want to see if you are an LNER enthusiast?

LCDR

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The North Eastern 3rd Rail electrics dated back the around 1904-05. The 1st section being the North Tyneside loop Newcastle-Manors-Jesmond-Gosforth-Benton-Whitley Bay-Tynemouth-Wallsend-Walkergate-Heaton-Manors-Newcastle. The LNER adde the Newcastle-South

Shields sectinin the twenties/thirties with some newer stock

Hi flyingfox4475,
I think your wish for the Flying Scotsman Train pack could have allready been granted! The Hornby R2888M Flying Scotsman Train Pack. It comes with a Super Detailed Hornby A4 'Kingfisher' and some detailed Greasly Teak Coaches. I see

that you would like the Flying Scotsman loco in the pack, it would be a nice addition but unfortunatly I don't think Hornby will be making the Train Pack again, just with a diffrent loco.
If your just after the loco, you could allways detail the Railroad

Range Flying Scotsman, which is in 1928 condition.

Jacob

I'm not really an LNER fan but I would like to see an accurate model of an LNER cattle truck - not sure of the diagram but they were the longer ones with the short wheel bases that always seemed to hog in the middle - Ive built one from a parkside kit

but would prefere rtr.

A wooden underframed 5 plank open would be good also and the four bogied flast wagon would be impressive.

Hornby have produce some great lner models already L1 and the B1 and B17 it would be great to get some new edition to the fleet engines like G5 which is a great loco something different or K1 , V1,J25 ect but depends on there ability to sell certain models

or able to use the same tooling to create the br version in late creast and early like they have done most the lner models but I think there will be delays in production and maybe we won't get what want but there might not be as many new models for next year

depends how sales are and what other manufactures are producing

In almost four pages no one has mentioned the Quad-Art set! That's usually a popular item.

Nor did I notice anyone mention the Silver Jubilee A+B sets or the Coronation/West Riding A+B sets in light blue/garter blue, or the Coronation beaver-tail

observation car.

I'm not particularly a LNER enthusiast, but I would buy the Coronation set to go along with a garter blue A4.

The Quad Art set is certainly a nice idea, but with the individual LNER suburbans promised (and great news that is too) I doubt that the Quads would appear as well. There used to be plastic kits for these, so it is possible to add them to your stock if

you wanted to. The Coronation set is just the thing for a commissioned model, and it would not surprise me if one of the model shops that do such things would take this on. In my view the NER Dynamometer Car that accompanied Gresley's Duck on her record breaking

run is a coach that would make a good special model. The dynamometer car and 3 pairs of the Jubilee carriages formed this train, that would add impetus to a very special train pack. Maybe a 2013 wishlist item (75 years in June)?

I agree!

The following combinations would have a lot of appeal. Not a lot of custom mouldings have to be made. Train lengths are long enough but not too long and are therefore relatively

affordable and suitable for a lot of roundy/roundy layouts. Hopefully they would appeal to someone to commission. (All the A4s are easily attainable RTR already.)

Mallard + 2 x Silver Jubilee (A+B) + dynamometer (record run)
Silver A4 + 2 x Silver

Jubilee (A+B)
Blue A4 + 2 x Coronation (A+B) + observation car

Hi all,

In regards to the Mallard and its record run in July 1938 it was the Dynamometer car and the Coronation set, not the Silver Jubilee Set.

I have built a Silver Jubilee Set to run behind the new A4 Silver Link and Silver Fox and have

recently bought the Coronation set to build next year.

Mark in OZ

Mark,

thank you, you pointed that out before and I forgot.
https://www.hornby.com/forums/hornby-forums/wishlists/272/?page=3&added=false

Someone

somewhere put the idea in my head that it was the Silver Jubilee set.
It's hard to tell in this picture: http://nemesisrepublic.blogspot.com/2010/01/126-mallards-record-run.html

Ironically in a fuzzier version of what might be the same picture, the

answer is clearer: http://album.atomic-systems.com/showPic.php/22422/MallardRecord2.jpg

• 7 years later...

An ex-GNR C12 or exGCR C13 Atlantic tank (4-4-2) would be really lovely. These are two of the most beautiful locos, in my opinion, and have never been done as rtr. Likewise an F1 (2-4-2) tank would be nice, especially if partnered with a push-pull coach. These kinds of locos started off on suburban routes but got displaced, by N2s and N5s out to rural branch backwaters where they lasted till Beaching. It would be nice to see the sort of locos that ran on lines like Stamford GN, which are ideal for smaller layout modelling - a definite gap in the market.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived