How do you store your locos, wagons and coaches?

Castle-Man

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Photos, as mentioned in my earlier post. The green cartridge paper insert was a bit laborious to fold but was done using my 2ft metal spirit level which was the right width and depth.

So quite a lot of my stuff on display, which I enjoy.

Do you find that there is a danger of things fading in bright sunshine?  If I were to do similar it would be in a large conservatory with a glass roof.  Themperature is not too much of an issue as the roof is treated.  However I would worry about lub drying out on the locos and finishes fading.  Very nice to have things on display but not so if all it does it spoil them.

Hi Castle-Man

Quite right to be concerned about fading and lube. However, in my case, the layout is in a north-facing bedroom so no real worries on that score. The locos are normally not left on the track but stored inside a 3-drawer chest-of-drawers, away from Major Dust but next to the layout. Exceptions being a few 0-4-0 analog tanks on shelves.

If you are using a conservatory (very nice too) obviously you will need to pay a little attention to sunlight and heat (even in the UK ! 😆 ). Don't over-lubricate though. That means the locos. 😛

Archived