can not post pictures

• 3 months later...

That is a system error, not some administrative issue, as approval requirement. Happen with me some time ago and shouldn't be be a temporary issue, as a automatic maintenance routine, because 3 days means something more permanent who need to be handled by the systems administrator.

I'm probably being a wee bit thick but can't find a way of uploading any photos to posts directly from my pc so am I missing something please? I just keep getting a message telling me 'file could not be written to disk' which isn't terribly helpful.

I'm not using a remote hosting service, just uploading direct from my documents folder in Windows 10.

Kind Regards

Colin.

Hi All.

One possible reason could be that the picture file is too large for your disc, I've had a simular problem when I've tried to cut and paste large jepg files from one program to another. I solved the problem by saving the image and closing one program therebye clearing the buffer. Then reopening the imagen in a new program. Something simular could be happening when you try and upload photos; remember the uploaded photos should be not more than 800 pixels on the longest side. This also helps old computers like mine to open the photos easily without waiting ages fo them to down-load over our slow internet conection.

Remember we do this for fun                   John the Pom

I'm still having problems uploading pictures of my lastest creation. Getting the following error message ' The file could not be written to disk'.

Is anybody else still struggling with this issue as Admin will only fix it if we let them know there is a problem??

Archived