missing part, airfix new policy

It's my understanding that Airfix no longer hold the amount of stock over for spares that they used to. Depending on consumer law where you live your best bet is to go back to the seller and ask for a replacement kit or a refund on defective goods.

Hi Guillaume.

I had a simular proben with Gloster Galdiator kit, the decal sheet wasn't printed with all the colours ( Black missing). Contacted Airfix only to be told it was unavailabe even though it was still in their online catalogue, It was taken off their catalogue about 4 days later. I do find that Airfix E-Mail replies are very terse at the best of times; even asking if they knew when it would be available still illicited the standard "Sorry. Out of stock." reply. I couldn't even make my own as there wasn't a high res picture available. 6 months later it was still unavailabe, eventually I brought another kit but checked in the shop that it was all correct; something I now always do.

Had a problem with a Roden kit; they'd put the wrong sprue in the box. Cotacted Roden via E-Mail and a replacement was in the post the following day.

I do hope you come right, maybe someone on this forum has a spare. 

Remember we do this for fun                    John the Pom

Unfortunatly go back to seller is not an option most of the time.there is no more local dealer, so most of the time we bought online, that mean a lot in shipping cost.

No other way than think twice before bought airfix. I just have cancel all my pre-order at Hannant.... 

Your name makes me think "French", but that doesn't mean anything regarding where you live. If it's in the UK certainly dealings with Hannants mean UK sales of goods laws, which means that they have to recompense you for return postage on defective items. I don't know if this would be true if you live in France?

My grandson bought 7 Airfix M3 Lee-Grant tanks to start a wargame army about a year ago.  He and I built them the weekend after his purchase and a few weeks after that when we played another wargame at least one of the black tracks was broken on every tank.  We had a very long e-mail battle with Airfix to get replacements even though we sent the broken ones back.  We eventually got replacements and fitted them.  These also broke after a few weeks.  Both sets of tracks were of a firmer less flexible type of plastic to the ones that I am used to.  After our experience we did not bother Airfix spare parts again and made our own tracks out of paper and card.  

We have never bought an Airfix tank since and his entire armoured force is now made up of "fast build" 1/72 tanks.  Indeed we seldom buy Airfix because of this, though until then I have always had great service. 

• 1 month later...

How many other companies have any kind of spares policy at all, let alone doing it for free as Airfix have done in the past?

good luck getting anything out of Tamiya or Hasagawa.

Airfix are a business and not a charity, if the kit is defective, return it to the retailer and even if the seller is from the internet then under British consumer law they are obliged to refund postage as well.

• 5 months later...

My new 1/48 Sea Fury doesn't have the clear sprue (Part F).

Does this policy extend to newly released kits? I don't have a short shot.

I thought I read others were missing their clear sprues. I sent a request to the spare department, should have it been to the complaint department?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...