Lord Nelson

gowest

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ken

Watching you manhandle both the tender and loco to top them up just shows how robust these live steamers have to be compared to the kid-glove treatment required by the much more fragile electric plastic models.

Doesn’t it look good at main line speeds. This is where live steamers can show off their paces. 

You must be real proud of this one.

Rob

RAF 96

lt has turned out better than I thought it might you just don't really know how its going to go till the end I think I've been lucky up to now that they turn out ok it looks like a good little engine but grandads old GER S69 still takes some beating in fact I have just run it and it's still going well as I am working my way through my engines to check them out as it looks like I'm off to the Ilfracombe model railway show  this year I think With my engines. So there will be hot bits and wet patch and funny smells in the room and that's just me!

2e0

I did see that myself on the video and as I’m not very good up ladders chose to ignore it but as you and many others no doubt have seen it I got the ladders out and with a feather duster am getting it down but after all this is a web sight?Ken

/media/tinymce_upload/307734fea31b9b6a119250830755f2fd.jpg

Caiptean

Glad you liked it, and as we will be taking a layout to the Ilfracombe Model Railway show next week end and anyone in the Devon area that would like to come the engine will be running at some point on the day

• 3 months later...

Just looking through the pages of the L N engine and having problems with the front steps I see that the Hornby model of King Aurther that I have has no front steps ether ? Did Hornby find that these would be better left off the model to make sure no one would have any problems.

i post the picture of the King Aurther class again here did any one spot this.

/media/tinymce_upload/addbaede9af3e432b4aa9102230307e6.jpg

Ken

RAF when applying the transfers I found that there were only 6 step transfers on the sheet when the engine needs 8 so fox transfers sent me some extra ones and was going to amend the sheet but pointed out no one has pointed this out before. 

In the picture as you point out there is a step but has any model ever been built with all the steps in place?

ken

This is a Bachmann model a this engine has no front steps so it looks like with the leading wheels being right behind the front step when making a turn the steps if fitted will derail the wheels one way round this would be to fix the steps to the bogie frames and not the main body so would look ok as a model so might carry out the change.

Archived