What do you want as kits in 2019?

Ratch

I would like to see the 1/72 F-86 EM/F kit back dated with the short chord/short span/slatted wing to allow building F-86 A, E, Canadair Sabre 2, and as-built Sabre 4 aircraft. Slats should be separate for open or closed positions

I could get on board with this idea; The existing kit design means that all that's needed is new main planes, gun bay doors and maybe flat rather than dihedral elevators to produce any 6-gun F-86.

Yes Paws you are absolutely corect about teh little bit of work to get some more mileage out of this kit.

Sorry one correction on my earlier post... the F-86A had a slighly different rear fuselage profile compared with the E, F, Sbre 2 & 4 due to the later having the all-flying tail.

Also, the early E's and all the Sabre 2's had the beveled centre windscreen like the F-86A. 

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see the 1/72 F-86 EM/F kit back dated with the short chord/short span/slatted wing to allow building F-86 A, E, Canadair Sabre 2, and as-built Sabre 4 aircraft. Slats should be separate for open or closed positions

I could get on board with this idea; The existing kit design means that all that's needed is new main planes, gun bay doors and maybe flat rather than dihedral elevators to produce any 6-gun F-86.

Yes Paws you are absolutely corect about teh little bit of work to get some more mileage out of this kit.

Sorry one correction on my earlier post... the F-86A had a slighly different rear fuselage profile compared with the E, F, Sbre 2 & 4 due to the later having the all-flying tail.

Also, the early E's and all the Sabre 2's had the beveled centre windscreen like the F-86A. 

I could also get onboard with this idea. However it would also be good if it included parts for an avon engine, 30 mm aden cannon, plus a reconfigured cockpit, different wings and the option to widen the air intakes to make a CA-27 Sabre.

I could also get onboard with this idea. However it would also be good if it included parts for an avon engine, 30 mm aden cannon, plus a reconfigured cockpit, different wings and the option to widen the air intakes to make a CA-27 Sabre.

Which would be nice, but is a bit "raise ejector seat, insert new aircraft, lower ejector seat" compared with the other discussion about work (not) needed for aircraft prior to the 6-3 wing.

Amen to Hawkerhurricaneguy's list

And how about:

Auster Antarctic (lots of scope for variations on that airframe) plus a Sno-cat and some figures for the 1956 CTAE (in 1/48 scale)

In 1/72 scale, the HP42 airliner

And, just in time for the 50th anniversary, reissue the Lunar Module kit, or better still, do a proper one in 1/48 (unlike another manufacturer I could name).   Again, lots of variations on the basic structure. 

(well, I can dream, can't I....)

1/48 Hawker Hurricane mark I - Fabric Wing - could use current tropical kit with changed out wings

1/48 Hawker Hurricane mark IIa, b and c 

1/48 Bristol Blenheim mark IV

1/48 Bristol Beaufort 

1/48 Vickers Wellington 

1/48 Fairey Battle mark I 

1/48 Vickers Vilderbeest

and a 1/48 Blackburn B.26 Botha

I like the Hurricanes but the Blenheim IV could be even more interesting. I've got an idea for a markings for a local dfc chap's aircraft. 

I would love a set which includes a lancaser bomber with a German night fighter of some sort (109 g6 would be good). Another set would be a p40e kittyhawk with RAAF Australian decals. These are my ideas i thought up myself. I think the first set of the lancaster and German plane would be an epic kit to make and would make an awesome diorama.

These are just my ideas i hope you enjoyed them and thanks for reading this.

Personally, I would love some obscure ones. Preferably in 1/48 or up as 1/72 is too small for my capabilities these days.

1/48 P-26a Peashooter would be lovely (or even larger scale), one of my fave planes.

1/48 Army Lynx and Gazelle would also be very much appreciated.

Finally...so as not to seem greedy, how about a 1/48 De Havilland Hornet Moth...and if you can wrap them for me too I would appreciate it :-)

Pete

Personally, I would love some obscure ones. Preferably in 1/48 or up as 1/72 is too small for my capabilities these days.

1/48 P-26a Peashooter would be lovely (or even larger scale), one of my fave planes.

1/48 Army Lynx and Gazelle would also be very much appreciated.

Finally...so as not to seem greedy, how about a 1/48 De Havilland Hornet Moth...and if you can wrap them for me too I would appreciate it :-)

Pete

Airfix have already done a 1/48 scale "Army Lynx". Try looking on a large South American river or the bay of fleas.

I think definitely more British subjects especially aircraft in 1/48 (my field, but generally too);

Chopper Wirlwind (an 1800's Revell product only one around...maybe not 1800's but you get the drift!)              Puma (Never any 1/48 kits that I know of)                                                                                                                 AW Wildcat                                                                                                                                                             Naval Merlin (surely easily converted from the RAF one) Scimitar                                                                                                                                                                        Chipmunk                                                                                                                                                                 Venom/Vampire (This could be a money spinner if engineered right, get single seaters/trainers/Navy/night fighters from one mould then mix & match)                                                                                                                               Hunter Trainer                                                                                                                                                                Updated Hawk                                                                                                                                              New Vulcan in 1/72                                                                                                                                                        VC-10 in 1/72                                                                                                                                                                  DH Comet in 1/72                                                                                                                                                  Lincoln in 1/72 (or 1/48 would be brilliant, but I'll be realistic)                                                                                        BA 146 in 1/72 (Could be a dodgy one though)                                                                                                         Voyager in 1/72 (If Kittyhawk can do a C-17?)                                                                                                               AW Argosy in 1/72                                                                                                                                                  

So, not many I want, but definitely more British gear.   

Sorry about the last post, ain't got a clue what happened.Here's the more readable version.

"I definitely think we need more British subjects especially aircraft in 1/48 (my field, but generally too). Here’s what I would like;

Chopper Whirlwind (An 1800's Revell product only one around...maybe not 1800's but you get the drift!) 

Puma (Never any 1/48 kits that I know of)

AW Wildcat 

Naval Merlin (surely easily converted from the RAF one)

Scimitar

Chipmunk

Venom/Vampire (This could be a money spinner if engineered right, get single seaters/trainers/Navy/night fighters from one mould then mix & match.

Hunter Trainer

Updated Hawk

New Vulcan in 1/72

VC-10 in 1/72

DH Comet in 1/72

Lincoln in 1/72 (or 1/48 would be brilliant, but I'll be realistic)

BA 146 in 1/72 (Could be a dodgy one though)

Voyager in 1/72 (If Kittyhawk can do a C-17?)

AW Argosy in 1/72

So, not many I want, but definitely more British gear." 

I agree with a lot of folk in :-

1/48 and 1/72 Buccaneer S2B

AVRO Manchester in 1/72

Fairey Swordfish in 1/48

Any prototype aircraft that can still be made from plans ie Seafang, MB5, Spiteful etc

C.E.T (Combat Engineer Tractor) in something bigger than 1/35

HMS Gambia would be good to see too. Father in law served on her during the war (he's 97 next month)

I like the extra detail that 1/48 brings.  Would love to see the Tiger Moth upgraded to the larger scale and maybe a Dragon Rapide as there are so many of these two aircraft flying and with such a wide variety of colour schemes.  Military wise I agree with those asking for a new Hampden and Fairy Battle, 1/48th again.  Both much under represented in the model world.  Could we also consider upscaling the old airfield vehicle sets to go with the currant range.  Keep up the good work - loving what has come out so far.