Identifying old Hornby 1080’s gordon color?

Margate_Era_FTW

I am aware of that but the OP was asking for the colour that matches and that is what I was looking for. I know it is blue plastic I have it in my hand. The only way to answer the question is to compare it with paint colours. I was going to compare it with some old blue curtains but can’t find them.  😆 😆

I think it's safe to say that Hornby have used bright colours for more or less everything they have released in their Thomas range, since the last 33 years, however, everything is bright in the TV series, hence the reasoning for this. I don't think any of Hornby Thomas stuff would look good, if they did not have bright colours.

I do believe the only Thomas loco's that Hornby have released, that have realistic paint colours, is Bear and Flying Scotsman.

GNR-Gordon-4

I hope you don't mind me asking, Margate_Era_FTW, but I am most interested in why you want know the exact coloyr name, of the blue on a 1980's Gordon. Have you got one of these Gordon's and have scratched or chipped the paint and you want to repaint the damage, or similar?

GNR-Gordon-4

I have a missing handrail on one side of the tender, u know in front of the tender, I was going to buy a spare black molding tender top and use an exacto knife to carefully cut away one of the handrails and paint it that color and glue it on, but I’m going to leave it alone now.

Archived