Hornby club 2018

MasterGamer575838

So I recently went to the club page today,and was sooooo disappointed to see that the club is only currently available to people in the UK.

I live in Ireland and saw the free locomotive included,and wanted the loco to add to my collection.

I would like to see a change in this,as I joined last year and want to join again

Regards

MasterGamer575838

UK is the collective name for England,Scotland, Ireland, Isle of Man and wales, so no reason why you can't join,

Hi Dynax

I'm in pedantic mood again. All official government documents refer to the 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'

I cannot remember how, or why, but the Isle of Man, and Channel Islands have a most perculiar status viz-a-viz the UK I'm not even sure that they are in the EU. Forgive me but it's 25+ years since I was in the import/export business and memory fails.

@MasterGamer............just send an email to newclubs@hornby.com and ask the question..........HB

Hi folks, I'm a longtime club member in Ireland. My membership expired in January and I was waiting for the relaunch. Today I recieved an email from the club Administrator stating that the International section of the club was still under review and quote 'Unfortunately we will not have news for a while regarding this.' Needless to say, I expressed my displeasure with the clubs attitude. We non UK residents are also paying members of the club and have supported it over the years. We are now excluded from being able to collect club specials or even accessing the club VIP area on the website. We have been relegated to second class collector status. Way to go Hornby.

Club VIP area? I must admit to never seeing that. 

I think international club members will be back soon. The thing to keep in mind is the way Hornby shares have dived recently there may not be a club for anybody or even Hornby. 

That would be a shame.

Archived