Elite bricked

PeterRowney

That is correct. Just a case of using that comm port in the installer, keeping to the 30-second rule and finding the right PC type. If all that fils it may be the Elite USB comms goes south. I don't have a check for that except Dev Mgr, unless the driver is wrong. Delete the port and in Advanced tick to delete driver as well. Then replug Elite and let Windows find its own driver.

Hi 96RAF

Yes i have tried different ports and different cables the PC is a new win11 HP laptop usb detection is very good is there a preferred com port i have tried com2 and com5 both set by the PC i have access to a win10 laptop as well and can probably get most others if needed given time.

thanks again

If you are seeing the same result on different ports and different machines I would say USB comms is duff in the Elite even though Dev Mgr is detecting it.

I have one that updates but will not talk to RM or TGG train operating programs, which limits its use off layout.

Ok Thanks 96RAF
I will put to one side for now then until I get my work bench back (moving train rooms ) then out with the soldering iron.
thanks for all your help

You can message me direct next week after the new forum launches on Wednesday, if you need more detailed info re fettling stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

For others reading this in fear of upgrading. I just took the plunge and upgraded my years old elite running 1.41. Win 11 PC with i5 processor. Followed instructions to the letter. Selected type 3 pc for fast and hit download. About 10 minutes later all done. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for the above. I tried again with my Geecom Air11 micro PC, Win 11. No joy with the 2 USB ports on the back marked 5 (Gbps) but the port on the front marked 10 (Gbps) connected first time as Port 5. This was without making any changes to Windows 11 - auto-discovery just worked.

I suggest the moral is to keep trying. Also, as emphasised above, you really do have to have to wait for 15s, then 15s more. 

11 hours ago, dBerriff said:

And thank you again for encouraging me to keep trying. Everything works as it should and the next step is to add a HM7000 Dongle.

Which will also work as reported on here.

• Like 1