Hornby International get it from where?

Forum-1211528

The Hornby International ranges were once distributed by the now defunct On tracks then Hornby decided it would take this over but now model shops can't get anything as tragicly someone like Gaugemaster that stocks tons of continual ranges and is the UK distributor for Roco, Piko, Marklin and Fleishmann can get nothing as I don't know why so you have to deal with Hornby its a case order it it on the website, ring Hornby up ordering it or go to the factory in Margate and get it out of there as why can't they supply the models to the shops that wanna buy them instead now I buy my other things from Gaugemaster that's no problem.So why doesn't this get sorted out hey??

Or you could walk down your local model shop Colin (mine is a 30 minute drive) and look at the international range on show.

My local shop only does Ho trains, which is not my scale but its nice to browse and talk to the owner about discount for cash, etc.

Rob

Hi Colin,

The Hornby International range is on the UK trade price lists and can be ordered by any shop with a Hornby account - both future and current items.

Stock is held in the main UK warehouse and is delivered with their main Hornby stock.

Kind Regards

Tim

Hi Colin,

The Hornby International range is on the UK trade price lists and can be ordered by any shop with a Hornby account - both future and current items.

Stock is held in the main UK warehouse and is delivered with their main Hornby stock.

Kind Regards

Tim

Tim, you won't at all supply Gauge master as I wanted a Arnold N Texaco tanker and had to order it direct from Hornby, I had no other choice this isn't fair as its beyond the joke so why say that Gauge master can get it when they can't now more lies!!

Colin did you ask GM if they had an account with Hornby. They may choose not to and all the ranting from you will not alter that.

You cannot force any company to sell a particular product just in case you turn up looking for one once in a blue moon.

Rob

Gauge master has an account with Hornby they can't get your international ranges that's up to you to supply them I'm not getting involved in what you sell them or don't as I got my Arnold N Texeco tanker from Hornby Direct that's it fine but sadly Gauge master stocks a lot of other continental ranges and it would be nice to get them all from one place but these come from Hornby that's it so I will get all my Hornby International models from Hornby direct OK!

Hornby need to review their sell direct cut out the Middle man policy as while I have nothing against you selling direct you must be fair on stockists giving them a good deal and stopping the demise of the model shop! I have seen tragicly so many famous well loved model shops vanish over the last thirty years, if Hornby carries on with this then we will be like in the USA where everyone deals direct with the manufactures as they have no other choice the model shops went long ago. As Hornby is so obsessed with the old factory at Margate its unlikely to change, there will tragicly become a time when there's Margate or nowhere its got to breaking point and Hornby and its past policy caused this you may not like this but that's the truth as I have to say its gotta stop and as far as Repair Agents are consirned something must be done about this otherwise all repairs will be done by Hornby and nowhere Else!!

I read that before I posted my comment. Tim@hornby was talking about if you order the International products from the Hprnby website, which anyone can do. I was talking about model shops ordering these products in stock to sell in their physical shop, or by their website.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Jacob go and read it again. He says you can order from any shop with a Hornby account and that stuff is despatched to them direct from the Hornby warehouse. That is in addition to buying direct from Hornby website.

Rob

The factory used to be in Margate, but that's in China now. What's left in Margate is where Hornby are based, where the products are dispatched from and you also have the Visitor Centre there.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

I am fully aware of that I was being flippant. They are only moving back into the office accommodation there

Archived