Boy Scout

Hi Ratch .....he's looking good.  Will you be painting the badges and patrol leader's stripes?  With a bit of white dry brushing you should be able to pick out the lanyard around his scarf.

I haven't stuck the hat onto my scout so I can alway mould another one for you ..... but it will have to wait a bit as I have run out of resin!!

I cut a brim section from 80thou platicard and superglued it, then filled with Vallejo Plastic Putty

48299619381_fb0a51c229_z.jpg

I think I've got away with it

Now working on his badges

48299619186_fda4c7ed73_z.jpg

Its hard working out which badges he's adorned with - there are so many different options, but I'm using my old patrol colours

Now mounted on a base with my old badges.

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL761/13303934/24837301/414259715.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL761/13303934/24837301/414259721.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL761/13303934/24837301/414259717.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL761/13303934/24837301/414259722.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL761/13303934/24837301/414259719.jpg

Thanks for looking in, feedback is always appreciated.

Yes it is Patrick. When I return from my holiday I'll see about getting them all together  😉

Thanks for helping me complete the set  😆

OK.  Look forward to seeing a pic of them all together.  

Glad I could help. Funny this. You had them all except the scout and I only had the scout!  .......Well actually I also have a Yeoman but it is a Type 2 bag and I don't have any plans to build it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Ratch, I've taken it as far as I can take it given everthing that's happening here with my - hopefully soon to happen - house move........So I think I'll send it to you as it is.

I have given it a rough sand down and a coat of primer but the seams need a bit more filling /sanding prior to painting.  It will give you something to do!!  You'll also need to drill out the right hand to pass the stave through and also scratchbuild a sheath knife to fit on the right hand hip.  Other than that it's complete.

I'll package it up and mail it to you...... so send me the address you want me to mail it to (ATF private message).  I'll mail it as soon as you give me the address.

Do post some pictures of it when you've finished it.  I've very curious to see what it looks like once it is complete.

/media/tinymce_upload/363a8f90e1db4c43703f901108b095f4.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/5dd43e7d357952c5f724122a185f613a.jpg

hello i would like to buy two boy scout figures as i am a former bp scout master ,how do i contact you to buy my email is kmoldboyscout@gmail.com  my name is ken please let me know ,nice work too and looks great ,well done 

hello i would like to buy two boy scout figures as i am a former bp scout master,how do i contact you to buy my email is kmoldboyscout@gmail.com  my name is ken please let me know ,nice work too and looks great ,well done 

There is no Private Message facility on this site, but there is on mine.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/index.php

hello i would like to buy two boy scout figures as i am a former bp scout master ,how do i contact you to buy my email is kmoldboyscout@gmail.com  my name is ken please let me know ,nice work too and looks great ,well done 

Hi Roverscouts,

Ratch was mentioning on this site that this was the only Airfix figure he was missing so I offered to try to mould enough parts for one in resin for him. 

The figure in the picture was created by taking plastacine moulds of the kit I still have and then casting them in resin.  I won it in a scouting competition some time in the mid-sixties and it has been languishing in my stash for years as it needed to be stripped of the old paint and rebuilt.  Ratch mentioning it was the excuse I needed to try moulding the parts.

When I finished moulding them I sent them to him and he assembled it.

Since then I have more or less re-assembled my model and hence cannot take moulds off it again.  

Sorry about that. 

You do sometimes come across unbuilt examples on you know which auction site - but the fetch pretty high prices.

Perhaps Airfix will re-issue it someday  ...... we live in hope!

• 1 year later...

i asked here to airfix about the boy scout mould they still have it, i also said that baden powell scout association and the british boy scout association both in england still wore the uniform like the model,some scouts would love to do this model ,i keep asking as i too would like to have this kit,so come on airfix lets promote traditional scouting as its over 100 years old now ,

• 7 months later...

i asked here to airfix about the boy scout mould they still have it, i also said that baden powell scout association and the british boy scout association both in england still wore the uniform like the model,some scouts would love to do this model ,i keep asking as i too would like to have this kit,so come on airfix lets promote traditional scouting as its over 100 years old now ,write to there customer service .come on airfix release the boy scout kit for 2022

• 1 year later...

there is no reply as of yet to my request for f 212 boy scout figure ,all though they do have the mold,And yes there are still two movements that wear that uniform on the kit the boy scout movement and the baden powell scout association bp beprepared come on airfix re issue this kit

• 1 month later...