How long does membership take?

I re-joined in January and the membership fee was taken from my Bank Account on the 15th January.  On Wednesday last week, I received the letter and the badge and on Thursday I received a letter inviting me to renew!

I re-joined in January and the membership fee was taken from my Bank Account on the 15th January.  On Wednesday last week, I received the letter and the badge and on Thursday I received a letter inviting me to renew!

I also joined on the 15th January but nothing seen here as yet.  Am on the other side of the world from Margate though so I haven't been overly surprised or concerned.

Did receive the 2020 catalogue/Hornby Magazine bundle last week though, so have had plenty of reading to be going on with.  The package came in that sticky corrugated cardboard which I appreciated greatly.  Much better than the flimsy plastic bag they used last year and kept the mag/catalogue in pristine condition for me.

HK.

I renewed in  January, the payment  went  through  straight away and was marked as dispatched on my hornby account the same day.  Then in February I received a renewal letter, so I emailed to say I had renewed and the membership pack hadn't arrived, and they said they were waiting for the badges to come in. Today I received the membership pack and also in a separate envelope, another renewal letter!  😆 😆 🤔

@ RDS :-

Guess what has just happen to me today??? Yep you guessed it - I rejoined on the 7th February & also got a letter inviting me to renew!!!!  😆

30/01/2020 was the day I ordered ! ..    😢  not had no sign of spending my 28.00 pounds ! ..  ☹️  pretty awful really when I thought I was joining a well established, proud, british, product .. 🤔  So goes to say how disappointed I am at spending to join a hobbyist club that just flopped right from the start ...  Strikes me the name is taken for granted and is complacent because of its branding ..    😇

Just got this E-Mail... They ARE waiting for the Gold plated membership badges...and send their apologies... The Club Loco will be coming in to stock in March and will be sent to me   then. We are a little behind with the members pack as we were waiting for the badges to come in to stock. However, we are now catching up  and your pack will be with you shortly...Ah It`s Good to talk...

Similar experience as many who have commented on the forum; joined the club as soon as it was opened/re-opened to international/ROW membership on 14/01/2020 and received membership package on 13/03/2020.

Experience has taught me to be a patient person and model locomotives/trains are nothing to get too stressed about.

Hmmm upon consideration maybe they are.

Regards

The Club Loco will be coming in to stock in March and will be sent to me   then. We are a little behind with the members pack as we were waiting for the badges to come in to stock.

I rang Hornby just about a week ago & they said the same thing to me!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Over the years I have rung (telephoned) Hornby on many occaisions - perhaps surprisingly, I have spoken to the same person when I make these calls. I think that many assume there is a large "call-centre" type group of people awaiting your calls? I don't think there is. So it is possible that one person having taken the call, then has to do the internal follow-up - all of this takes time. So delays are always likely to happen.