Wishlist for 2022

Ratch

I'd quite like to see any of the following, all 1:72

New Tool:

RAF Jaguar GR.1/A (all existing kits are old and rather inaccurate)

RAF Tornado GR.1/A/B (the Revell kit, while ok, is rather tricky and a bit inaccurate)

RAF Tornado F.3 (All current offerings are old and very inaccurate)

RAF Typhoon FGR.4 (with a decent weapons load) (ala Hasegawa but not as expensive)

RAF Rivet Joint

RAF Sentry AEW.1 (or at least re-release the old one)

RAF Poseidon MRA.1

RAF/USAF C-17 Globemaster III

RAF Liberator

USAF B-52D Stratofortress with Arc Light or Linebacker I/II options Vietnam War

USAF AC-130A Spectre

USAF RF-101C Voodoo

USAF KC-135R Stratotanker

Royal Navy Buccaneer S.1 (could this be done off the back of the S.2?)

Rebox

USAF C-47 Dakota as AC-47 Spooky with Vulcan canon and Vietnam War markings

RAF Buccaneer S.2 with Martel and/or Sea Eagle missles etc

RAF Nimrod

RAF Sabre

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting harder as Airfix are working their way through my wish-list each year! So I'll switch to prediction mode based vaguely on their pattern of subject choice in different "ranges" that I would reasonably expect to see in 2022/23:

1/72

Jaguar GR1/3

HP Hampden

Consolidated B-24 Liberator

Consolidated PBY Catalina

1/48

Supermarine Scimitar F1

DH Sea Venom FAW / Venom NF

North American T-6 Texan / Harvard IIB

Beechcraft T-6 Texan II / Texan T1

If Airfix were really feeling especially generous the might additionally consider thinking about the following from my wish list:

1/72

Canberra B2

HP Hastings C1/C2

Bristol Belvedere HC1

Westland Whirlwind HC10

Westland Wessex HC2

Avro Lincoln

Twin Pioneer

1/48

Martin Baltimore

Wildcat HMA2 / AH1

Apache AH1/2

Whaddya think - in with a chance?

Of those, not sure the Jaguar needs re-tooling rather than just reissuing in a "Vintage Classics" box.

A retooled Hampden would more or less complete a range of RAF 1930s-WW2 light and medium bombers.

I'd love some new Westland Whirlwinds, a "Twin Pin" (and indeed a Prestwick Pioneer too).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I expect this one's already been mentioned, I'm far too lazy to look, let's have a new tool 1:48 Buccaneer S.2. RAF and RN options please.

1:72, 35, 32, 48 ( I don't care ) BA Rapier FSA/B1 with a DN181 Blindfire radar tracker, 1 Tonne landrover and a 3/4 Tonne of the same.

Again any scale cold war 80's British infantry in HARD plastic with the good old SLR etc.

Any scale ( 1:48 would be great ) modern BRITISH ground crew/pilots and the same for ground equipment and aircraft weapons.

Just sayin sunglasses

All the old HO/OO 1/72 ground vehicles brought up to proper 1/72 scale.

RAF Refueling set
Airfield Control Tower
Bofors Gun and Tractor
RAF Emergency Set
RAF Recovery Set
AEC Matador & 5.5" Gun

Chris

If so, choose better and more appropriate prototypes. For example, add the Albion chassis for the refueller, with perhaps alternative GS body; Include a Commer Q tractor unit for the Queen Mary trailer; replace the Austin ambulance and crash tender with the Albion heavy ambulance and maybe a Ford WOT tender.

I know. It’ll never happen. :)

If so, choose better and more appropriate prototypes. For example, add the Albion chassis for the refueller, with perhaps alternative GS body; Include a Commer Q tractor unit for the Queen Mary trailer; replace the Austin ambulance and crash tender with the Albion heavy ambulance and maybe a Ford WOT tender.

I know. It’ll never happen. :)

Absolutely, Heather!

Chris

I think the Renault 50 trucks were known as the RB 44 in British service, built by Reynolds Boughton. They didn't seem to be all that popular and weren't used for all that long. It would be good to have a 1/72 or 1/35 kit of one though, they came in a few different versions.

How about a File:British Army Renault 50 series.jpg - Wikipedia ? They were used by Royal Artillery and RAF Regiment Rapier units?

by Kenneth O'Neill

Going slightly off message for a wishlist, that picture of the Renault is quite interesting. It looks like its been given a new front bumper but no-one has bothered to put cammo paint on it - not unusual in my Army days. I assume the bumper is in the colour that the whole vehicle was in when it was new. Does anyone know what the exact shade is, and whether or not it was used widely throughout the Army in recent years?

How about a File:British Army Renault 50 series.jpg - Wikipedia ? They were used by Royal Artillery and RAF Regiment Rapier units?
by Kenneth O'Neill

Going slightly off message for a wishlist, that picture of the Renault is quite interesting. It looks like its been given a new front bumper but no-one has bothered to put cammo paint on it - not unusual in my Army days. I assume the bumper is in the colour that the whole vehicle was in when it was new. Does anyone know what the exact shade is, and whether or not it was used widely throughout the Army in recent years?

Not absolutely certain, but I'd guess at NATO green (or black). Both available ready mixed from ayimat.

Not absolutely certain, but I'd guess at NATO green (or black). Both available ready mixed from ayimat.

I'd like to see a good gloss deep bronze green available as well, I've had a 1/76 Centurion on the shelf for a while awaiting completion. Just to mention again that it would be good to see the Cent and the Chieftain re-released. Even better would be a couple of new 1/72 kits, also a British ARV or AVRE is overdue from a mainstream manufacturer.

As a new kit I would like to see a 1/72 (preferably) or 1/35 Bedford RL. I mentioned this about three or four years ago but there's still no luck. The vehicle itself came in a wide variety of versions and was used by many nations. As a kit I would have thought its an obvious choice.

I'd like to see a good gloss deep bronze green available as well, I've had a 1/76 Centurion on the shelf for a while awaiting completion. Just to mention again that it would be good to see the Cent and the Chieftain re-released. Even better would be a couple of new 1/72 kits, also a British ARV or AVRE is overdue from a mainstream manufacturer.
As a new kit I would like to see a 1/72 (preferably) or 1/35 Bedford RL. I mentioned this about three or four years ago but there's still no luck. The vehicle itself came in a wide variety of versions and was used by many nations. As a kit I would have thought its an obvious choice.

• 2 weeks later...

How about a 1/72 or 1/48 Jaguar GR1. An important aircraft over 4 decades for the RAF and a void in the market to fill. Markings and accurate weapons load for Gulf War 1 and markings for 226 OCU with CBLS 3kg bombs. Future markings can include countless RAF Germany or Coltishall squadrons or the black cat 16 sqn display aircraft.

It must be about time someone did a Tornado GR.4 in 1/72, there are many Tornado GR.1 but no GR.4 kits ( apart from one Airfix did from their GR.1, which wasn't that good).

while I'm at it, why not make the moulds so that the original type bomber and the F.3 fighter can be made? Maybe even the F.2, no one's ever done that one.