What was in your Mystery Box

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid you cannot force folks to post here. Some do (in the Acquisitions thread), but it's down to personal choice. I don't buy these Mystery Sets because I have far too big a stash as it is and only tend to buy kits on my wanted list.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Grumpy. It is expensive and no real feel for what will be in there. If it is a mix of 1/72 and 1/35 then may be some saving. But a bit of a risk that they may just be combining the ‘standard’ aircraft and tanks mystery boxes into one and people end up with exactly the same recycled kits.

As a brief update, there is now a YouTube video of someone ‘unboxing’ the 12 Kits of Christmas. To be fair to Airfix, the selection looks really good! I think there was a problem with one kit being missing but Airfix customer services seem to have fixed that pretty well. There is also a glitch where members were not automatically getting the 10% discount but Airfix will refund that. So £135 for over £200 of kits.

Tempting!

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered Aircraft Mystery Box today... only received two kits though, Spitfire Mk1a and the P-51. Only two kits shown on the dispatch note too. I did order another separate item at the same time (though not a kit) which also arrived so I'm thinking that they thought 'there's three things there so that looks fine...). Have emailed them to see what the deal is.

So af few days after posting the above I found a rather poorly contrusted email with the subject of 'Ticket submitted' or something similar in my junk email that turned out to be from Airfix that arrived the day after my order saying words to the effect of 'we don't have any Hawk T1As in stock so here's a refund of £10.50'. The email looked as though it was in response to a message I'd sent to them (which I hadn't yet) with the actual relevant information buried below (actually in another message) so no wonder neither me, nor ,my spam filter relaised it was legit. The message made no reference to the Mystery Box order and just looked like I'd ordered a Hawk.

All in all rather poor comms from Airfix. And they didn't respond to my query asking what the deal was with only sending two kits so as far as they are concerned the matter is closed. What I find a tad annoying it that they wrote in the message 'if we can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.' - well I did... and you ignored me. I think I'll stick to buying through third-parties if this is how they are when things go wrong. First world problem though...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...