New breakdown cranes

The son of Triangman

Isn't time Hornby introduced new breakdown cranes. The old ones have been around since Tri-ang days. The small rail mounted crane is a reasonable model but the 75 ton crane needs replacing. Perhaps the old models could be put into the Railroad range? A new working 75 ton crane is needed. Bachmann have done it so why not Hornby? Thoughts please?

Oh I see where you coming from, and I do like Cranes.

I have the 75t Hornby one which is in need of a update.

I also have the old Lima one loved it when I was a kid.

A LNWR 25tonner which I built.

(not for everyone)

The Bachmann one I also have which is just a beautiful model! But you need to be gentle with it and the COST is oh boy!

I think somewhere between the two from Hornby and Bachmann would be the way to go Half the detail and Half the cost would probably sell better but what

I would say maybe one from The Big four. But this could stop some people from buying.

So how about something like a medium diesel Crane? Big enough to look good but not too big that it’s too big for a newbie’s 4x6 layout. Not to mention a little modern for the youngster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@nicholas

You have posts awaiting approval with copyrighted images in them. Unless you state that you have the copyright holders’ permission to post them they will be rejected. The same applies to those copyrighted images already posted which will be purged unless you amend them to add such permissions.

I refer you to this quote from the Ts&Cs linked to in the forum rules…

UGC submitted to Hornby Hobbies Limited is assumed to be your own original content unless specifically stated otherwise. If you have used the work of others you must have obtained the necessary rights or permissions to use it. If your content clearly identifies anyone else you acknowledge they have consented to the content being used by yourself as well as Hornby Hobbies Limited.

@nicholas
You have posts awaiting approval with copyrighted images in them. Unless you state that you have the copyright holders’ permission to post them they will be rejected. The same applies to those copyrighted images already posted which will be purged unless you amend them to add such permissions.
I refer you to this quote from the Ts&Cs linked to in the forum rules…
UGC submitted to Hornby Hobbies Limited is assumed to be your own original content unless specifically stated otherwise. If you have used the work of others you must have obtained the necessary rights or permissions to use it. If your content clearly identifies anyone else you acknowledge they have consented to the content being used by yourself as well as Hornby Hobbies Limited.

Bumping for Nicholas to see and acknowledge.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I did buy three of the original Hornby Dublo in varying states of repair to try to cobble up one and detail it as this model looks a lot more realistic than the plastic version. However, the whole project ground to a halt when I realized how much extra work was needed to change the wheels.

The Bachmann model came out and the whole thing became pointless. However, I have at least managed to produce a complete Dublo version complete with outriggers!