Hornby Dublo Flying Scotsman 2 or three rail please!

Dublo collector

Hi Hornby i have mentioned that all Dublo collectors would like a metal body 00 Scotsman to be added to next years release with three rail as an option as there are many collectors who would buy one me being the first, It might cost slightly more but that's ok if it looks great also with a Dublo screw in coupling as an option like old Wrenn .

You could keep the same packaging with 2 or three rail sticker on box.

I just would like the ultimate loco that Dublo should have made, Thanks Chris.thumbsup

In the early 70's I got a new Scotsman in Morecambe for £5 and converted it to 3 rail with HD skids. It was the BR version 60103. Traded in at Rails in 96 so may still be around in a collecter box or as many broken up for parts. By the way I spent many a happy hour on Scotsman's footplate back in the 70's at Carnforth.

@christopher

(as requested on the 23rd August)

Moderator Note:

It is in your own interest to have a unique user name. 

Could you please select ‘My Account’ towards the top right hand corner of your screen, then Community and choose a nickname in the ‘My Profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. We had hoped a Forum change was coming to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name. This request together with some other information for new posters is contained in a thread at the top of the General Discussion section called ‘Information for new members registering for the Forum’

One point for a three rail loco would be that it would have to go round 15” or tighter radius curves. Something that all the major manufacturers have moved away from recently. Those of us who live in small houses and have to use modern first radius curves are consequently unable to use a lot of modern stock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...