No Club Discount!

Bulleidboy

The only reason I have the Collectors Club is for the 10% discount. If Hornby have done away with this, but just so happened to forget to mention it before we all sign up again, that’s pretty shady.

The 10% off makes it ever so cheaper to buy direct than it does from retailers, but if the 10% is gone, so is my incentive to buy direct.

This is something Hornby need to clarify immediately.

Reading between the lines, Hornby have switched from a discount scheme to a loyalty scheme - probably why they increased the reward points from 10% to 15%?

Effectively saying buy something at full price now and get a discount on your next purchase.

This year I got my preorders in the day before my membership lapsed so I got the discount and will, in due course, get points towards next year.

Would have been nice if they had told us first though.

Hornby inform us that Club discounts have changed and recommend looking at the linked pages.

Both clubs will now be offering enhanced reward points, instead of the 10% or 15% discount previously included. This is however only for new members or renewals, so any existing club members will still receive their discount until expiry.

The Collector Club will now offer 15% back in Hobby Rewards points.

The Hornby TT:120 Club will now offer 20% back in Hobby Rewards points.

The new offering is clearly stated on both club pages, with no mention of the previous instant discounts.

Hornby has noticed a few forum threads where customers are still expecting the previous discount.

https://uk.hornby.com/community/hornby-club

https://uk.hornby.com/community/hornbytt120-club

• 2 weeks later...

The Collector's club is now a joke. Had Hornby been more forthright about removing the discount, I would not have joined. Just wish there were a way to unjoin.

Sorry Hornby, you have just got rid of the best reason for joining and for buying Hornby rather than the other brands.

Well the discount has been replaced by an extra 10% in reward points, which is more or less equivalent to a 10% discount. Apart from the first purchase they can be used against subsequent purchases.

You can 'unjoin' simply by not renewing you subscription. Shouldn't think you could change your mind mid-term and expect a refund, but you could call them to check.

The Collectors Club Reward Points now 15% back, so it’s better than the 10% discount in terms of straight percentages. However, I think I’d rather them have just upped the discount to 15%.

Yes there was already 5% in rewards, I was quoting the additional 10% which replaced the cash discount.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you’re a member of the TT club with the 15% discount, you don’t receive that on non-TT items like the decoders, but do receive the 10% back in reward points. I think the standard collector’s club members do get discount/enhanced points on decoders. Not sure if you can be a member of both or, if you can, whether the reward points are applied to a single account.