Working on DCC but not via the APP

Kev C

I installed an 8 pin decoder and it was working fine being controlled via the App . But then it stopped responding to the app and I had no sound or movement . I switched to DCC mode and using my NCE Powercab I had sound and control I have programmed it to have the loco address I want and it runs and sounds fine .

But when I switch to Bluetooth I have no sound or control .

Has anyone had this problem or could suggest a fix ?

Related to deleting duplicate posts. I’ve found via Chrome on a Windows laptop the “three dots” features on a forum post is inconsistent at best. Works fine on my iPad.

The answer for all HM7000 problems like this is following the complete reinstall in the troubleshooting guide, power cycle multiple times and/or try multiple installs of a sound profile. Once you get it working again don’t change anything!

I am also having this problem. The chip works as expected under "traditional"DCC but does not work with bluetooth via the iPad. You can still read the chip via bluetooth and you can still alter settings. Given this it does not appear to be a general bluetooth driver or processor issue. When I get a moment I will try to reinstall and if that still does not work I will try to reset the chip then reinstall to see if this will cure the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed into a Hornby Class 66, and whilst it works fine with sound on DCC (NCE Powercab) but no sound or movement on Bluetooth. The screen shows sound file not installed - but I know it is. I have tried re-downloading the profile many times, but can’t seem to get Bluetooth to work. I have fitted in to 6 locos now, but this is the only one causing problems. I did email HORNBY about this, but no reply after a fortnight.

After thinking all my HM 7000 woes were over, I decided to risk buying a 21 pin decoder for my just purchased Bachmann V2.

A doddle to install with the built in speaker.

I’ve had it running over the last few days with no problems at all.

That couldn’t last, could it?

I lost Bluetooth control during a run.

After much reloading I managed to get it back.

The Bluetooth connection is not as secure as my other two 8 pin decoders, and takes much longer to reconnect.

I am losing confidence in this system. Too flaky.