00 Gauge - Loco's and Rolling Stock

RDS

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I am right in saying that the LMS 8F would not have carried the maroon livery. This was for passenger locos only and freight engines were painted black. However, I am happy to be corrected on this point! There is nothing wrong with a 'what if' livery. For example, Rapido did this recently with their 15xx pannier tank, producing a variant in post war 'G W R' livery which they never wore, being introduced after nationalisation.

Hi there.

As we already have the model of the Hornby Class 60 and its recently been updated to 21 pin as well. I would like to request some more liveries and numbers please.

2000's

60008 in EWS livery with the yellow wipacs and the maroon cabside windows

60084 "Cross Fell" in Triple Grey with EWS yellow beasties on the sides as per 2008 when I last saw it.

60098 "Charles Francies Brush" in the EW&S livery

2010's-Now

60015 DB Cargo red

60055 DC Rail grey

60092 DB Cargo red

60096 Colas Rail Freight (as seen in 2016)

As far as I am aware, no one has yet covered these numbers in those liveries, so they won't conflict with other models or older ones. But if this is possible, could you please add the painted footsteps back on these models like you used to do and possibly replace the plastic horns with nice new metal ones? They will be less prone to breaking off in transit and it will give the Class 60 models a nice new update in the process.

I hope this will help you with developing new Hornby Class 60 models and maybe if possible we could have cab lights and if a Dublo version is considered. I would love a diecast metal Hornby Dublo Class 60 in OO gauge. That would make it one awesome and an even heavier model. Possibly pushing it up towards the 760g mark. I think it would also be the first diesel locomotive to come into the Dublo range that is modern day too.

I will leave this idea with you Hornby.

For steam, I suggest the LNER J39 Class. The Bachmann one is so dated and I think is a split chassis. A modern DCC Ready version could do well. And some B17/4 or /6, 61661 in Late BR Green preferably. Also, for rolling stock, full kitchen cars have never been available RTR, but are an essential part of an express train.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am eager to see the addition of steam generators to a broader range of locomotives, along with enhanced lighting features reminiscent of the latest Hornby Turbomotive and the anticipated Black 5. It has been a decade (2015) since the iconic A4 silvers - Quicksilver, Silver Link, Silver Fox, and Silver King - were introduced to the Hornby collection in silver. I don't like the latest silver in the Dublo range in green. Considering their significance, why not reintroduce these Silver marvels as Dublo trains, equipped with steam generators and yes, in silver? Additionally, I have a keen interest in expanding the range of wartime black Merchant Navy class locomotives. Hornby has previously released only the Aberdeen Commonwealth, a model which is now rare and seldom appears for sale. The Merchant Navys with steam generators would be great. Furthermore, I would greatly appreciate the introduction of the 'Hush Hush' locomotive to the collection with steam. This expansion would not only pay homage to the rich history of rail transport but also adds an innovative edge to model railways with steam and sound on a wide range of loco types.

• 2 weeks later...

The previous suggestion regarding the Rainhill Trials is an obvious addition to Lion & Locomotion No1, plus of course Planet. My biggest wish would be a modern GWR Saint - a new Clevedon Court to latest standards, and possibly the new Lady of Legend currently in steam.

I'd like to see a Railroad J83 in NBR livery(NBR Holmes 795 Class (Power Class D) - the tooling is many years old I don't think there has ever been a model issued in the original NBR liveries despite the availability of coaches and wagons.  

J83's were used with both freight trains, occasional passenger trains and as station pilots.

the possible liveries would be as built, the Holmes scheme of Dark Ochre / Bronze  / Olive (I've never seen anyone be able to name it) or yellow lined black or finally plain black around 1915.  There is also the possibility to mix the roundels and the large control numbers on most of these liveries.  (this is covered in some detail in the NBR Study Group Journal 142 from 2021).

• 2 weeks later...

One livery that I’d like to see and I’ve seen a lot of other people ask for is the new tooled HST/Class 43 in the Swallow livery, but also with the option to have the ‘swallow’ on the side supplied as a ‘3D’ element in the detail pack, similar to how in real life, they were separately fitted metal plates rather than just painted on.

Also, to have the 423 VEP available in the NSE and Connex liveries would be good.

Another welcome addition would be a Class 442 Wessex/plastic pig units….a lot of people in the south loved these units for how comfortable they were. Would be good if they were offered in a few different liveries.