elink video won't open (resolved)

Dont think you need a video. Its all very simple to connect. You just have to remember the connect sequence, which is clearly explained on sticky at start of postings. Basically, you turn on power first then wait. Turn on Railmaster, wait Finally turn on computer, wait. Allow elink to find connection. once all that happens, away you go.

The YT link below will take you to an edited copy of the original Hornby marketing video. I say edited because "Island Railways" have overlaid their branding and I believe some additional text description over the top of the original Hornby video before reposting it. This video in its original un-edited form is the only one relating to RailMaster (which incidently is what the eLink basically is) that I have ever seen linked to directly on the Hornby website.

I see from your posting history that you are interested in 'layout automation' and I suspect that is why you were trying to open the video link for automation 'how to' research. Be aware that the 'automation' shown in the video is a 'Marketing' view of the world and not one of an Engineer.

RailMaster automation (currently) uses 'timed events' and currently there is no physical interaction to detect the presence of rolling stock relative to point and signal status. Additional hardware has been promised for years to fill in this technical gap, but so far not materialised.

The issue with 'timed events' is what I term 'layout or timed event creepage' where loco positions creep from their assigned program starting positions. Since there is no physical status feedback in a 'timed event' control system, then the timed event processing is continued through to the end regardless of what is actually happening physically on the layout......layout chaos can result.

P.S. Historically, all videos that have ever been posted directly on the Hornby website have been biased to a 'Marketing' perspective. Hornby have yet to embrace publishing any 'Engineers How To' type videos with regard to RailMaster, such videos do exist on YT made by private individuals. Most are rubbish but those by "Brian Hughes" are reasonable, but now well out of date and based upon earlier RM software versions.

If you should reply to this post PLEASE DO NOT REQUOTE IT as you have done when replying to the posts of other's. My reply is too long to be quoted.