Loco feedback and location on track alias block detection

The software for 'loco detection' is already in Railmaster. It is the hardware to use it that is missing. Given that Hornby have given all rights to RM back to the developer (HRMS) who is unlikely to have any Hornby branded hardware manufacturing capability, then IMO I think it unlikely that any rumoured RM update in December will be 'loco detection' focused as Hornby is currently focused on TT120 and HM7000 at present and there is nothing in the rumour mill even suggesting that they might be working on 'loco detection' hardware in parallel.

I might be proven wrong, but I genuinely believe, given the direction Hornby products are going in, that RM based Loco Detection is now a dead duck.

Remember that LD has been promised for about 5 years or more. If this was a product direction that Hornby were serious about, then something would have happened by now, even if it was just an announcement to say it was still in the development plan.

My "about 5 years or more" was just a guess stab in the dark, done without looking deeper into forum posting history. Nine years just goes to show how much time flies when you get older. And incidently, even more evidence of my (IMO) assessment of the situation.

Hi

i ve heard about some sort of update in December ,and presumed ( never presume ) that it would be about hm7000 decoder series , which seems to be the cutting edge at the moment ,and possible accessory decoders and software via Bluetooth for use on mobile devices .

Since railmaster has been out a long time , what we’ve got is what we’re gonna get apart from bug fixes .

The hand held system works well as long as your wi fi is good , I had to get a booster ( loft) but I’ve always had issues with connecting to e link when flashing up , seems to lose the driver when I shut down , i sometimes have to dump the driver and restart the computer

the hm 7000 decoders work from your phone or tablet ,which means to operate accessories ,turnouts lights etc ,some sort of layout map on your device would be advantageous like the handheld rm so you don’t have to remember them

I have touchscreen computer and tried to download the Dcc hm7000 app , I have 5 decoders ,no chance ! Windows didn’t like that either

I have downloaded the evaluation software for i train and having a go at understanding it ,found it doesn’t really work with Hornby hardware , haven’t tried it though ,still configuring it ,the blokes voice on the training you tube videos puts me to sleep , and there are 104 ,too complicated I think .

sorry this a bit long but my situation now is to get this i train up and running whilst loading RM onto the new computer in case I don’t like Itrain

I have also ordered a Digitrax interface PS4. Some 84 quid including postage , so I’m a bit committed

regards steve

I will stick with TGG which is better than RM, has loco detection and works on a Win platform. Simple plain English programs strung together in a schedule with detection events triggered by way of Reed switches, Hall Effect or IR sensors.

Forgive my bad memory but is TGG the system that StingRay has developed? I know he's done one but can't remember if that is its name.

Yes it is. He will accept applications to provide the setup file written on the back of a new £20 note. grinning

Hi

I would love to know more about TGG please

sounds like just the job !

I got my pr4 interface , but am now waiting for loconet cable which is different to a expressnet cable which I have

apparently loconet has 6 wires and express net only 4

so I guess loconet can be used on expressnet ,but exressnet can’t be used on loconet

I have lots of those rare 20 pound notes ,they are just about dry

regards steve

Forgive my bad memory but is TGG the system that StingRay has developed? I know he's done one but can't remember if that is its name.

Yes it is. He will accept applications to provide the setup file written on the back of a new £20 note. grinning

I might have considered that if it worked with Android, but's PC only, right?

TGG only works on a Windows PC and only with Hornby Elite and/or eLink controllers. There is no support for handheld devices.

In all other respects it is very similar to RM, but has some added features.

The £20 notes must be clean and dry. Ray has an allergy to filthy lucre.

I suggest those interested start a new topic in the DCC section entitled TGG Information and see how the discussion develops.

Hi there from Germany !

I'm using RM since 2013 and still don't give up the hope, that loco detection isn't far away. End of October 2023 I had problems with re-activating RM after solving some hardware problems on my laptop.

RM Support very quickly and professionaly solved the problem using DW support and we had a little talk over the line. Somebody, don't know exactly, who was on the line, told me the following:

"It (LD) has been a long time delayed for numerous reasons I won't go into - mostly political. It has been very frustrating. However, the system will be launched and will be able to detecte individual locos on the track, in given directions, so the first of its kind. The update to the software itself will also be a major upgrade, with new features and more new hardware (not just loco detection). .... Simply put, we want RailMaster to be the best and certainly best value control system out there."

RM Support realised that I'm using Railroad&Co. Traincontroller, too. They asked me for a list off features in TM that I miss in RM. I send them a list and they replied:

"From our research in the past, we see RailMaster lies between the TrainController silver and gold versions. But of course at a fraction of the price. The TrainController software is ludicrously expensive."

"We have made a note of everything and see what we can do in the next update. All of the things mentioned around loco detection and a lot more will be in RailMaster."

Sounds good, eh ! Hope all this will happen in the near future.

This just to keep the community informed.

Klaus

Thanks for that very interesting info Klaus.

I can also add the following from HRMS

There will be two updates, an intermediate one covering maintenance (new locos, accessory decoders, loco decoders and bug-fixes) then a major update after that.

I look forward to seeing what the new hardware is in addition to LD.