HM 6000/6010 Stopped Working

BurwellMike

I have not used the HM 6000 controllers for a while, went to use them today and they refuse to connect. (Android Pixel 7 - latest software). I have deleted them, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, tried a reset with no joy. On BLE the app crashes and on mesh the scan can't find anything. There is a solid red light showing on the controllers. Also tried on a different phone but exactly the same result.

Does anybody else have this problem? Has there been an app update that could be causing this issue?

Thanks for that P-Henny, very interesting.

I just borrowed my wife's I Phone and installed the latest Apple version of the app. It all worked perfectly (as it used to on Android).

That seems to demonstrate that it is an issue with the latest Android App rather than a hardware or setup issue. Given that I have tried two android phones (Pixel and Sony) it isn't a phone compatibility issue either.

Very frustrating - I guess I need to call the helpdesk tomorrow to report the problem.

Yes, updated late yesterday. Just had this note from the team at Hornby:

• Users must ensure the new update to HM | DC is downloaded. (v1.2.1) (B62r7)
  • Users must ensure the following:
  • Bluetooth is turned ON.
  • Nearby Device Scanning is turned ON.
  • Location Services are turned ON.
  • HM | DC is ‘Allowed’ access to Bluetooth.
  • HM | DC is ‘Allowed’ access to Nearby Device Scanning.
  • HM | DC is ‘Allowed’ access to Location Services.All 6 of these points must actioned to ensure correct function of the HM | DC app, failure to do so will result in the app not scanning for HM6000/HM6010 devices.

• please advise all users with scanning issues to do the following:
  • Go to Settings in HM | DC
  • Go to Bluetooth Mode.
  • Select ‘Standard BLE’.
  • Go to Device Link.
  • Start Scan. Tap on the found HM6000 / HM6010.
  • Go to Device Connectivity.
  • Tap on CONNECT ALL.
  • This should provide correct function and connect to the HM6000/HM6010.

John, yes you have to do the update on the phone as per Steve’s. However, given you already have it working on the phone, all those permissions etc should be ok and you’ll only need to download the latest from the App Store.

John, I’ll modify my advice - if yours is currently working ok, you might get away with staying with what you have. But downloading the latest should be no more difficult than getting what you currently have from the App Store, the same as you had to do for the version you have.

If you stay put and end up with problems, just remember the later one is there and will likely solve any such, je pense.

• 2 weeks later...

well, what a shambles. thought as out of commission with stitched gums after extraction, would set up HMDC. Phone Still wont connect. OK, i thought, will use ipad. Great, connected fine, although loco wont move. Just started to try to understand, when ipad updated to new version of App, by itself. Now Nothing. Ipad nor phone will connect. Before i dump the thing, does anyone have any ideas or solutions, not happy.

If the iPad has it then the phone will not find it until you delete from the iPad. You can't have both connecting to the box at the same time. Give customer care a shout, they will walk you thru' it.