Corgi Wallace & Gromit train

Is it TT track? The sleeper bases look quite thick. The rolling stock has quite big flanges and you’d need to drive off more than one axle to pull that lot, plus it might be a bit top-heavy to go round tight curves. All sortable with some suitable weight.

The item description puts the penguin as 45mm from stubbu wing to other stubby wing which is what made me think the track was 16.5mm rather than 12mm. It should be OK on corners - I've seen the film. sunglasses

If train & rolling stock are die cast with Feathers, Gromit & Wallace plastic - that would prevent model from being top heavy.

I wonder if it’s too much to hope for Feathers’ & Gromit’s heads to be posable? (Would be nice if they could occasionally be made to look where they’re going!)

Well I've done the obvious thing and asked a question on the product page about the track gauge :) Let's see if we get an answer...

A bit odd that it says the question doesn't appear on the page until someone answers - doesn't that mean several people might ask the same question not knowing it's already been asked?

I’d absolutely buy this as a working set way before any Beatles/Coke/Only fools and cockneys models! A missed opportunity perhaps? This could have been an epic Christmas set

I fully agree, other than I did buy the recent Coke liveried multiple unit from Arnold as it existed in real life and looks looks rather smart :)

Somehow I think if I do buy a W&G bundle there'll be problems getting it through tunnels!

Would it be too hard to get a working loco similar if not the same as the one in photo, transfer Feathers McGraw onto that loco's tender and "Bob's your uncle" - and if the loco isn't EXACTLY the same, remember rule number 1 in train modelling.

I think there are a few of the film features that would be very difficult to achieve.. as mentioned the never ending supply of track and its ease of installation being only one! If Hornby have the license and have got this far then surely someone must have considered a working model. It’s a while since the film

first released but it’s still big.

This image is included in the Corgi Jan-Apr 24 printed booklet - it appears to show which parts will be die-cast & which plastic.

The only dimension given for the track is length - each of the 3 pieces is 166mm long.

forum_image_65a9bac795ccb.thumb.png.02a53cfc180bacdce6c4b2b46309a4dd.png

Which, at 166mm accords exactly with a TT standard straight but, if measured accurately, not with the 00 equivalent at 168mm. That, however, begs the question as to the accuracy of the widths of the contents of the three packs given as 4.5cm upwards because there does not appear to be much overhang beyond the ends of the track sleepers (excluding the figures).

Hello RogerB

I've also placed two questions on the R30346 Locomotion web listing. Neither of which has appeared or been answered.

Hornby specifically asks for an email address, which must be subsequently confirmed, for each question. So they could reply directly without it appearing on the page.

As the Moderators have direct access to Hornby staff, may I request that you inquire about Hornby practice vis web page questions.

I recognize that Hornby are not poised over the web pages, just idling away, waiting for a question. Perhaps we are expecting a quick response too quickly.

Still, if a person who was not so understanding was to ask a question, what would their evaluation of this be?

Bee

I’ve just posted a test question, gone through email check, and await whatever process that entails. I do recall that product questions are viewed and approved weekly. I assume we are well past that? R-

Hi Roger

My questions are less than a week old. Ntpntpntp can speak for his question.

Managing customer expectations is an important function of any forward facing corporate role.

Whilst I did not look for it, does the question form indicate it could take some time for a response? This is what I mean about managing expectations. Ntp is waiting, clearly unhappy from the emoji. I am waiting too.

Perhaps the future Hornby web page might indicate that there will be a delay in answering, to create a reasonable expectation.

Bee