Railmaster font size

I am using Railmaster Pro and the Metallic background. I would like to increase the font size within Railmaster. Increasing the font size through my general laptop windows setting has no effect within the software. Can anyone direct me to where I can change a setting to achieve a larger font.

The only font in RM that is adjustable is the font used on the custom 'text labels' on the track plan. If you are referring to the main application screen text, then that is fixed and not configurable as a within RM setting.

Text label font adjustment is on Page 95 of the RM Manual. This is the only page in the manual where the word "font" can be found in an Acrobat Reader electronic search.

You could try the Windows utility to assist those with sight difficulties. Can't remember where in Windows Settings this utility is found, but it does exist in Windows OS and usually works with any application running on Windows OS to increase the size of the application displayed on screen. However, I doubt it would be very convenient to use as in one of its settings most of the RM screen would expand beyond the edge of the physical monitor and require a lot of scrolling about.

If it helps in windows the is a configurable magnifier. Under Setting chose "Ease of Access" and about half way down on the left is Magnifier. This is can be changed to give you a small window that magnifies. Worth playing around with.

@daveyplod

Just to add to LT&SR_NSE's reply. Railmaster is now owned outright by the original software developer [hrMS] who do not publish a telephone number or postal address. Their only contact is via email support@rail-master.com

Writing to Hornby will get you nowhere as they are not directly responsible for RM anymore.

In recent months, there have been statements on the forum from forum members who have been in contact with HRMS that updates are due. One minor (bug fixes) and one major (new features). However, the indications were that these would be seen in December which is now long gone. Will these updates ever materialise ... nobody knows for sure.

P.S. The visual aid that Ducky mentions is one of the aids I was referring to in my earlier reply, but could not remember the details of. If you are partially sighted, I would assume that you would already be aware of that Windows feature.

Hi All,

I have found "Magnifier" in my windows settings.

Turn on by holding down the windows key and pressing "+". A small panel appears titled magnifier. Default setting for the incremental steps is 100%. This can be altered through "settings" : "accessibility": "magnifier" : and I am now using 25%. This works perfectly in Railmaster and has solved my problem.

Thanks to all of you for your helpful suggestions.

Daveyplod