Downloading the rm software.

I have been trying to redownload the rm app to ensure I am up to date.

I have had no luck whatever I do.

I have searched this forum and have found nothing to sort it out.

It must be downloadable, and I have done it many times before.

Any advice?

The download file contains a program which Anti Virus software do not like, even though it is apparently safe. Check if your AV software has put the downloaded file into quarantine, assuming you got that far and then mark it as safe? With Chrome / Brave you may need to "keep dangerous file" first, but it soon gets quarantined.

@william - have you followed the steps advised in the Railmaster Help website? (created by one of this forum’s moderators):

https://octaviancs.com/railmaster/preparation.php?id=preparation

Alternatively have a look at this previous thread which discusses the causes of the download issues:

https://uk.hornby.com/community/forum/problem-down-loading-railmaster-345519?ccm_paging_p=1&ccm_order_by=&ccm_order_by_direction=

WD, do you realize that the first link LT has given you is in the sticky thread RM Help Site, immediately above yours currently.

I’ll give you the second link is slightly harder to find, it’s on page 2 of this forum. Unless of course you do a forum search with downloading the keyword and that finds it immediately.

Thanks for your replies chaps.

i was trying t download the latest version on my new laptop.

this has Mcafee and Defender. I tried switching them off with no success.

My Linx tablet only has Defender, which I turn off completely. Success.

Is 1.74 rev 5 the latest?

It is not recommended to deploy multiple defence systems as they end up fighting each other. If you have Defender you don't need mcafee or norton or anything else.

Even if you uninstall those pesky AVs they will leave files behind to confuse your sytem.

Windows Defender is always the program or utility at fault with this type of download.

It can give several false positives. It's always advisable to disable this temporarily in order for you complete these downloads. It will not interfere generally with installations but take that with a little caution. You may find a warning that will stop the installation but will offer a button to continue anyway. Once done, if disabled, re-enable Defender.

You can actually run Defender along with a third party AV program but not more than one other. Two AV programs, whether alongside Defender or not, is definitely not recommended. Each program will see the definition files from the other as a possible virus and can cause all sorts of issues.

I do not install paid for versions of AV products or similar for malware or spyware. They are not required as the same component part for that protection is always free anyway. you pay for what I consider to be bloatware. The choice is yours of course.

Your best options for free versions of these programs are a free anti-virus product, free anti-malware product and free anti-spyware product. I discuss these on my Help Site as detailed above. I am not associated with any of those products or their authors and have no vested interest either apart from helping you all out here.

On my tablet I only run Windows Defender.

I disabled it and managed to download the app.

However when I re-enabled it it ‘attacked’ the download and disabled it.

Didn’t use to behave this way. Used to to allow me to override it.

All is ok now.