Up and running

Ratch

1 hour ago, Grumps123 said:

When I click on reply, I see, for a nano-second, the paperclip you refer to, but then it goes off and won't come back. Is this what should be happening or is there some way of maintaining the paperclip?

What device and browser are you using?  When I click on reply the text box opens and stay open.  I'm using Edge browser on Windows 11 pc. 

20 minutes ago, Grumps123 said:

I'm using Edge now and the same happens. No paperclip retained. 

Have you tried viewing on another device? A support ticket could be raised, but I'd suspect there's something in your machine/browser settings that is the issue. If you click on 'other media' then 'insert existing attachment', you should be able to navigate to an image and then drag it into the text editor.

6 hours ago, peebeep said:

Have you tried viewing on another device? A support ticket could be raised, but I'd suspect there's something in your machine/browser settings that is the issue. If you click on 'other media' then 'insert existing attachment', you should be able to navigate to an image and then drag it into the text editor.

I have since tried on my wife's IPAD and the same happens, paperclip appears and then gone almost immediately. From that result, I surmise that it is not my laptop set up that is causing this issue.

Your other suggestion, it appears to me that you can only get existing images within that file(s), it doesn't appear to accept images from other sources. 

Not having any success with this new software. (with regards to images) 

I just tried this on my iPad for you using Brave and Safari and it works fine. I wonder if there is something on your account itself that is stopping you from adding attachments. Maybe a mod can help you check your account @Ratch ?

• Thanks 1

Look in your account and see if your attachment limit is busted. Admin is looking at resetting all accounts with no limit.

If your limit is bust then use the workarounds to post images. Several,routes already identified and posted on the farious thread.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, 96RAF said:

Look in your account and see if your attachment limit is busted. Admin is looking at resetting all accounts with no limit.

If your limit is bust then use the workarounds to post images. Several,routes already identified and posted on the farious thread.

Many thanks for suggesting this 96RAF. I have checked and yes, my attachment limit is busted.

4 minutes ago, Grumps123 said:

Many thanks for your extremely kind comment gilbo2, I appreciate it greatly. Hopefully, I'll be able to post some more soon. 

Your welcome. Sounds like your attachment issue could be quota related, can check it here:

Attachments

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grumps123 said:

Many thanks for suggesting this 96RAF. I have checked and yes, my attachment limit is busted.

Unfortunately you cannot delete attachments as they are only links back to forum posts that you can either giew or download. It will get sorted when Hornby Towers is repopulated on Monday.

• Thanks 1

My post above was in reply to Grumps’ comment about the vanishing paperclip. 
When I submitted it, a whole raft of messages appeared which I hadn’t seen before. Now, I had only just opened the ‘Up & running’ topic so I would have expected to see all the posts/comments. 
The comment about attachment limits was very revealing. I’m at 92% which is worrying. 

5 minutes ago, Dominic Thomas said:

The comment about attachment limits was very revealing. I’m at 92% which is worrying. 

Happily, the new forum allows links to photo sharing sites. The image of the Miles Master I linked to, hosted in my Flickr account, doesn’t show up in my attachment quota.

• Like 1

@Ratch  I am well over my attachment limit, primarily because I believe an image is worth more than all the descriptive words I can try.  In combination, fine, but words alone make it difficult to communicate centuries old information, as there is no reference frame 

There is a work around.

Step 1: Place the image into "Gallery"

Step 2: In your post, "add existing attachment", "attachment location", "gallery".

Voila!  As proof, I am at 123% of attachment limit.  Here is an imagelarge.Screenshot_20240215-093927_SamsungInternet.jpg.130d5bdcd567f89893789995f16ac5d4.jpg

Bee