How to insert an image in New Forum?

Guest Bee

I appear to be over my "attachment limit".

Now I could go and delete images out of older threads, and destroy the content and flow.  For example: the carriages and waggons associated with Locomotion No.1.  Folks may wish to refer to them when, in about a year, Hornby releases their S&DR anniversary packs.

Yet I think that a more rational approach would be better.

self reporting this to the mods!  Weeeee!

Bee

• Thanks 1

No worries RDS.

I was bringing it forward to moderator attention.  

Imagine a guy who posts Electrical Help (Here's looking at you Paul).  Which help image should be deleted?

I know this will be sorted.  The information is 200 years old anyway.  A few more days is somewhat irrelevant 😉

Bee

• Haha 1

You will find if you go to your attachments you cannot delete them anyhow as they are just a link back to the server. You would have to delete in post thus destroying the thread. Leave well alone until we get Admin to sort the quota limit.

I use an iPhone rather than an ‘old style’ computer (😉) The drag files option doesn’t exist so here is how I managed to add images to my posts. 
Select the + in top right, select Gallery Images, Add, select from photo library and then add the images you want to include. Select Submit. When you compose your post and you want to add those images, at bottom right select Other Media and select Insert Existing Attachment.

Edited by Rallymatt
  • Confused 1

So the allocation limit only applies to images embedded directly in posts & not those uploaded to gallery?

Or the glitch only affects directly embedded images & gallery is separate enough to avoid the glitch?

Is the gallery not part of the forum?

(I get that it works… but my brain hurts!)

Edited by LTSR_NSE
Added honesty

30 minutes ago, LTSR_NSE said:

So the allocation limit only applies to images embedded directly in posts & not those uploaded to gallery?

Or the glitch only affects directly embedded images & gallery is separate enough to avoid the glitch?

Is the gallery not part of the forum?

(I get that it works… but my brain hurts!)

I’m not sure about anything anymore… but this does seem to work

On 2/15/2024 at 10:23 PM, What About The Bee said:

The information is 200 years old anyway.  A few more days is somewhat irrelevant 😉

Bee

That put a smile on my face the you said about the above!!! 😀🚂