Why did I have to sign in twice???

1. As said in the Title - I had to a) sign in to the main Page - then click to come into the forum as per usual - then I had to sign in again - why???

2. I don't think I like this new look - as they say - if it not broke - why fix it??? I work well before!!! 🤔🚂

@JJ1707819721 You initial sign in was so that the platform provider in the states could enable your Hornby account onto the hew site. The second sign in was to that local account.

You will get used to it. It has a lot of new and good features, just baby steps picking out the basics, then find out how to do the other stuff later.

• Thanks 1

Must admit whilst I’m finding most of the new interface/layout differences fairly intuitive 👍

the URL redirect (to USA website) & Invision authorization were highly disconcerting.  Many thanks to @96RAF for patient explanation - helping the suspicious numpty navigate the turnstile! 🤦‍♂️

Ok - It starting to look like that the Hornby Forum is a separate Entirety / section to the Main Hornby Web site - I've just checked - I can be signed out of the Main Hornby Web site but signed in to the Hornby Forum & Visa-Versa - be signed in to the Main Hornby Forum but signed out of the Hornby Forum at the same time!!!

B. t. w. - I am starting to get used to it & I like the Ranking & the Badges system!!! 🙂🚂

4 hours ago, LTSR_NSE said:

Must admit whilst I’m finding most of the new interface/layout differences fairly intuitive 👍

the URL redirect (to USA website) & Invision authorization were highly disconcerting.  Many thanks to @96RAF for patient explanation - helping the suspicious numpty navigate the turnstile! 🤦‍♂️

Yes, Having just watched the doco "Mr Bates Vs the Post Office" in the UK, "Invision" sounds a bit like "Horizon"

6 hours ago, JJ1707819721 said:

Ok - It starting to look like that the Hornby Forum is a separate Entirety / section to the Main Hornby Web site…

Separate section/‘brand’ to the UK site - correct it is the USA site.

However not a completely separate entity - no way of changing password within forum itself, and no option to have separate passwords for forum & shop etc.

• 1 month later...

In these days of scammers coming out of the woodwork, I found the "Invision" transfer to the new site a no go until I found and read this thread. A little more information would have helped the more cautious.