The "new" forums are now even worse than before.

Too Tall

There are 46 folks with dodge as part of their username including one lady called 'dodge' who grabbed that in 2011 but has never posted on the forum.

Sorting you out will be an Admin job and not really a forum posting matter. 

Screenshot 2024-02-16 152251.jpg

3 hours ago, Rog RJ said:

I'm starting to get used to it but it could be so much better and easier to navigate.   RMWEB is a great example of how to do it.

Same InVision platform Rog so no reason why Hornby cannot be just as clear as over there.

Personally I believe there are two significant advantages to this forum over RMWeb…

zero adverts - yet still entirely free to use!

far less of a “the correct/only way to model is…” attitude levelled at those who merely seek info about a particular model.

I realise/appreciate that RMWeb was only mentioned to recommend interface improvements.  However I wouldn’t want anyone at Hornby to get the wrong idea & discard this forum’s qualities!

From a visually impaired point of view the Old forum layout was excellent, but I am not sure about this one. The text seems fainter and the various tick boxes for the different subjects is smaller and not so easy to read. However, I'll give it a chance as it is still clearer than RM web. 

Most of the time on RMWeb I hardly notice the adverts, in fact sometimes they have shown me something  I didn't know about. There is always the "x" button somewhere to get rid of it. RMWeb is ok, you do get the passionate ones that get wound up over something trivia, I even had a couple complaining about the use of "stay alive", but that is life there are always people around like that.

This upgrade works, I don't think it is much of an improvement over the old one. It is harder to get started and not so easy to do a quick scan to see what is going on. The plus point is it seems faster. Trouble is, IT guys think differently to most and what they think is easy is generally not. What they should do is take them away for 6 months to do something different and then bring them back to use the product they wrote, then they would understand.

16 hours ago, Dodge1707823134 said:

Ok thanks , So if i wanted to change to something totally different, is that an Admin task as well??

Simply go to your user drop down (top right hand corner), choose Account Settings, then at left side of screen pick Display Name.