Please do NOT add extra lines between paragraphs

RDS

At first, I tried my usual method of composing the text elsewhere, with <cr> but no extra <cr>.  In the older forum, this would result in a <cr><cr>, because every <cr> gets the substitution <cr><cr>.

That doesn't work anymore.  Example

Two lines
Just <cr>

Now I use <cr><cr>.  Example

Two lines

Double <cr>

It is a WYSIWYG.  Which I decidedly prefer.  Makes interpretation of the text in the other editor much easier.

Yet if I type <cr> directly into this edit box, not pasting it in, I get <cr><cr>.  Which is anomalous.  Pasted carriage returns <cr> are treated differently than typed <cr>.  

Bee

I’m finding I have to insert 2 returns then delete the first to get the correct spacing via an iPad. 
If a start with only one, I get this. 

If I start with and leave two, I get this.

If I start with two, then delete the first, I get this. 

Very annoying. 

I’ve worked this out just now and mentioned in another post.

In iOS at least, the usual double space to create a full stop leaves a space after. If you then immediately press return here, you get a new line without paragraph spacing. If however you delete the space after the full stop, a new paragraph is formed with a space before the last line.

Unclear whether this is a bug. Is it the same with Android, or in Windows?

Edited by Moccasin
Grammar

Well, it's no big deal if paragraphs end up with two blank lines.  I try to remember but I must admit I'm in the habit of hitting the Return key twice, it's from decades of using systems which needed it in order to ensure a blank line.