2024 Range Announcement - 9am 2nd April

1 minute ago, gc4946 said:

I suspect they chose the J50 because it's recently been released in OO, so had the measurements and data easily available, and provides a tank loco accompanying all those lovely Gresley pacifics. 

Welcome news adding level crossing and signals to its range.

Yeah the J50 makes sense when considered with the rest of the range, with so much being Eastern region. That and the green Class 08 complimented by a green 31 and DMU in the future might be all I need for my layout.  

Whilst the variety of goods wagons could be improved by Peco, there are plenty of kits to be getting on with already.

Edited by moawkwrd

That’s exhausted my limit of post reactions for today. From now on, take it as read that your post is liked, funny or appreciated.

edit - possibly all three. 

Edited by Moccasin
  • Haha 2

I think all the brands should have a TT:120 presence, Jouef, Arnold, Lima etc and TT:120 is quite a nice branding that re unforces the scale element. Keep the individual brands and launch the TT:120 ranges within. People still buy ‘home’ product

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rallymatt said:

I think all the brands should have a TT:120 presence, Jouef, Arnold, Lima etc and TT:120 is quite a nice branding that re unforces the scale element. Keep the individual brands and launch the TT:120 ranges within. People still buy ‘home’ product

So Arnold TT120 etc?

it’s an accepted brand now and makes sense. I pity the fool designer who gets asked to design Rivarossi’s Big Boy in TT120. 

• Haha 1

It’s confirmed that the HST trainset is stonking good value; if you can wait until Autumn (That rules out most of you lot 🤣)  That will sell by the container load for Christmas, I hope they order plenty and give it a huge push in the wider press/Sports Direct 👍

I guess it also makes sense that they didn’t open up more of phase 3/4 stuff for preorder if as previously communicated, they want to move away from annual releases to ad hoc releases closer to availability. Making them available 6 months~ ahead of release makes sense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moawkwrd said:

I guess it also makes sense that they didn’t open up more of phase 3/4 stuff for preorder if as previously communicated, they want to move away from annual releases to ad hoc releases closer to availability. Making them available 6 months~ ahead of release makes sense.

suppose... but I REALLY wanted to pre-order than class 37! 😁

Yes Peter, I think adding TT:120 branding to all the other brands if they get a range out would be a very smart move. TT:120 is a proven success and it is clear distinction between the HO/OO/N offerings, Lima TT:120 with predominantly Italian models, Electrotren TT:120, predominantly Spanish and make Arnold TT:120. This could be huge opportunity for Hornby Hobbies to take a major slice of pie. Space issues are same across the world. 
Hmm Big Boy in TT:120…   That’s a tough project but I bet it’s possible 😁

48 minutes ago, GMD said:

Re signals - I’m surprised that they are pushing this with Peco in the mix too.

Unless I've missed something the Peco ones are GWR lower quadrants and they are (LMS?) upper quadrants?

Re the branding I'd rather they drop the 120 bit now its established as thats what it is and what the rest of the world call it.

Edited by Hobby1707822967
  • Like 2

Just now, Kenneth-365689 said:

Re J50, is it only having rear couplings as per the A4/A3s. I hope they have made provision for a front coupling and put one in the accessories bag.. 🙄🚃🚃🚃🚂

Yes that really would be a failure if it doesn’t.

5 minutes ago, Kenneth-365689 said:

Re J50, is it only having rear couplings as per the A4/A3s. I hope they have made provision for a front coupling and put one in the accessories bag.. 🙄🚃🚃🚃🚂

Yeah, bet there will be some questions in the Q&A about that, at least with that it'll be confirmed one way or the other soon

With my 66 arriving hopefully arriving in Autumn, it will now have two container wagons to play with. An expensive few months beckon! Having pre-ordered the J50 from a different era to my other two steam locomotives, I may need to revert back to a heritage idea. 
Or just invoke Rule 1.

Edited by Moccasin
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, GMD said:

Does 6-pin mean no sound version, or is a 6 pin HM7k with sound chip coming?

Hornby have given no indication of a sound 6pin HM7k.  Definitely in the (in)famous ‘never say never’ category until a future circuit redesign allows.

Just now, Moccasin said:

With my 66 arriving hopefully arriving in Autumn, it will now have two container wagons to play with. An expensive few months beckon! Having pre-ordered the Jinty from a different era to my other two steam locomotives, I may need to revert back to a heritage idea. 
Or just invoke Rule 1.

Rule 1 always. It's why I put a TARDIS on my layout, can be any time I want it to be 😀

• Haha 2

They've mixed up the eras again. 12T wagons announced as era 2/3, then listed on the website as era 4 🙄. LNER J50 pre-ordered. I'm looking forward to getting that. Shame there is no sound, or a decoder pre-fitted version.

A few things I noticed.

• There is no mention of the 2 new Pullman coaches having lights installed. Hopefully this is just an issue with the listing given they are the same price as the discontinued variants.
  • The new HST sets appear a little lacking in straights - 1 x straight, 1 x LH turnout and 1 x power track so it doesn't seem to ship with the full track pack 1 as the existing sets do.

Immediately after watching the Hornby announcement I watched Jenny Kirks video. This was interesting as it seemed to talk more about the new signals.

• Like 1

I would not like  mike to design and build my new layout for me 6 in by 4in is too small even for 1st rad

curves lol 😄

i can't wait for the class 37 im glad it is next year i think i will run out of money ate this rate.

so much to like i just got a  class 43 two weeks ago, hornby doing the containers is great 10% in points thats good i got some  arnold ones at the start of the year don't think i got points for them i might be wrong  all i got say is happy spending ever one 😊

10 minutes ago, PeterM67 said:

A few things I noticed.

• There is no mention of the 2 new Pullman coaches having lights installed. Hopefully this is just an issue with the listing given they are the same price as the discontinued variants.
  • The new HST sets appear a little lacking in straights - 1 x straight, 1 x LH turnout and 1 x power track so it doesn't seem to ship with the full track pack 1 as the existing sets do.

Immediately after watching the Hornby announcement I watched Jenny Kirks video. This was interesting as it seemed to talk more about the new signals.

The new sets aren’t much more in cost than the HST locomotive sets but yes it does seem a bit odd. I’d suggest that the point/siding is almost unnecessary. The description of the contents is also odd and misleading: “1 x full curve … 1 x 3rd full curve”. Is that two pieces of curved track? Two full loops?  Once again, Hornby’s website descriptions are poor to the point of being useless.

Edit: by looking at the box image, with a diagram shown on one of the sides,  it is clearer what’s in the box (although it almost suggests a 6th radius curve to get the siding parallel to the loop)

Edited by Moccasin
Added point on box image of included track.

Just now, rman said:

So when is the Castle, 9F and Pannier start going to be available?

Those appear to be some time next year.  Today’s announcement is the first of the new style where Hornby announce models closer to launch.  All of the models mentioned today (except the Class 37) are due to be available over the next six months or so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1